firmware update - now 32X writer is only8X

T

ThePiston

I have a 32x10x40x Lite-On that was only showing 24X (even with 32x media)... I tried everything and finally updated the firmware to the latest one which came out like 3 days ago. Well now the drive only shows 4X and 8X write speeds. I ran the drive test and that didn't fix anything. I'm using CD Creator 5 with the new 5.1 updates. anyone know what to do now?

I had the same problem.I think the problem is with creator 5.
Install nero,Thats what I did and now I can see 4x all the way to 32x.

i'll give it a go, but are'nt there XP/Nero incompatabilities?

Nope not anylonger.I'm running winxp pro with nero's 5.xxx
The newest one is 5.5.8x and its doing a good so far.

Originally posted by ThePiston
i'll give it a go, but are'nt there XP/Nero incompatabilities?

you have to be kidding me!!! there were 700 times more cd creator incompatibilities then any other program on XP! sorry had to let that out, I have yet to encounter a problem with nero from the version that came with my drive up to the newest 5.5.8.0

LOL, YOU'RE RIGHT

I actually put in a CD and the thing jumped to 32X no problem with Creator 5. The new patch is working great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back