firewire card!

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
Hi i want to get a firewire card so i can edit stuff with my camcorder. I was reading something and someone said try to go for a card with a TI OHCI chipset because he said if you get those cheap cards they will make the movies worser quality when transfering from the camcorder. what do you suggest? OH and also does anyone know if the firewire port on the ATI Radeon 8500 (ALIW) card is good?

As I recall the firewire card I have came bundled with some software *tries to remember*... not sure but I think it was with one of those dv suites. My point is that if you go out and get one of those bundles the software is typically pretty good and the card too ;)

2 cents,
SpiRiT

The firewire port on the ATi cards should be great.

If you already have a good video card, and just need firewire ports, you might want to check out the cards from Dazzle. I bought a Dazzle DV Editor SE pack for my desktop. Works great :)

well i bought a firewire card for my friend a non brand one for less than 25 bucks and its great. plug and play. no needed drivers, not hassle, no problems, and it keeps a low profile, which means it doesnt suck up energy.

Pinnacle package - software & firewire card worked good for my Mini DV.

If your camcorder does not have DV - IN enabled, you can get a "WIDGET" from Datavision which allows you to transfer video back on to camcorder from PC at no (perceptible) loss.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back