Firewalled XP?

R

Razorwing

I think Xp has some kind of firewall that prevents me from sending my files to other people via icq/msn/aim.. is there a way to deactivate the firewall so I can send my files?

thnx

right click on your isp icon in your toolbars.>open network connections>right click on isp icon>properties>advanced>and uncheck the internet connection firewall. Emule will require you to do this is your using XP and filesharing. I also use Sygate Pro when I use emule when I have xp firewall off so I don't get back doored by any psychos...

I don't see how Xp's firewall could block you SENDing files. It only protects against incoming attacks, not outgoing (trojan).

Pretty much a waste of energy on M$ part. Don't worry, they passed the cost onto the consumer:D

you're right, it does only block inbound traffic, but since you need to handshake (request and acknowledge) a file transfer, it might be going out but never recieving an acknowledgement back that it's ok to transfer to so-and-so@wherever.com at that address. If you were blindly sending it UDP like an email that'd be a different story. I'm pretty sure the firewall is enabled if this is happening. Couldn't you just add a rule though in ICF for IM? Not sure what ports they are though off the top of my head, I don't really use IM much...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back