Firewall ?

HellyHans

OSNN Addict
Ok, well I'am using Zonealarm, should I use ICF ( Internet Connectino Firewall ) that came with XP with my ZA ? or disable it and use just ZA?

Thx

-=Helly=-

dont use ICF Zone Alarm is better of the two but i like BlackICE defender

keep in mind.... WIN XP's ICF DOES NOT MANAGE OUTBOUND connections...it only manages INCOMING connections... so, as a stand alone option... i would not soley rely upon that... not only that..i thought i read somewhere that there was this "Tweaking" issue with XP's ICF and bandwith... i could be wrong..but im pretty sure there was something else about ICF that wasnt too good..

i think ZA or any other 3rd party firewall should suit you fine...AND control incoming/outcoming connection attempts...

nothing of course is fool proof..but then again... like the rest of us.. unless you are bill gate$ or someone like that.. no hackers, etc.. will ever have a desire to bother with you as an individual as there are far more exciting sites to penetrate....... not only that... if properly configured... firewalls should stall most would be hacker attempts, enough so that they move on to more opportunistic sites...

anyway...thats my 10 cents....for what its worth..lol

~n:D

I use ICF in conjunction with Norton AV and Adaware.
I tried using Norton Internet Security and Zonealarm
and I had problems with both. They're both resource hogs too.
I have ICF And Norton AV running in the background and
every few days I scan with Adaware to get rid of spyware.
It keeps my computer clean and is pretty maintenance free.

zone alarm is suposed to be one of the best firewalls avaliable. or so says this guy http://grc.com/default.htm
and hes a computer security guru so im taking his word for it. hes tested a few firewalls and says that blackice and norton firewalls arent very effective.

OH he also has programs and web pages to test your computers security. https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back