• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Firewall Trouble

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
It seems that no matter which of the free Firewalls I use I have trouble sending mail using Outlook or Outlook Express. I have no trouble receiving mail. I set up to allow both Outlook and Outlook Express, but it makes no difference. As soon as I disable the Firewall the mail goes fine. Is there any chance that the Firewalls are being caused trouble by my Modem/Router Hardware Firewall?

Ensure that outlook is permitted to access outbound port 110 TCP.

Your e-mail communication may also be intercepted by your anti-virues.

For example in the case of NAV it will intercept the mail and scan it before sending it on. In NAVs case ccApp.exe requires a rule allowing ports 25 TCP and 110 TCP outbound.

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
Thanks Guys, as soon as I disable the Firewall everything works fine. I had a call from a friend the other day, saying that he couldn't send mail, I told him to disable his Firewall (Kerio 2.1.5) and it worked for him as well.

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
I don't think I misread anything. The anti virus is still running fine, and mail is both being sent and received, as long as the Firewall is Disabled. I uninstalled my Firewall, as soon as I reinstall I will take Enyo's advice and configure the settings as he suggested. I am running Avast anti virus which I have had no trouble with.

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
I sorted the problem with mail. It was the Firewall not asking me about the anti virus checking mail. It was set to ask, but wasn't asking, it was just blocking. I set it to allow and it seems fine.

However now I find that I cannot upload files to my Web Server. It allows me to access the Server Files, but when I try to upload it is getting blocked. If I disable Firewall I can upload files OK. I have checked the settings and my FTP software is set to allow, and when I try to upload I cannot see any applications being blocked. Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix