Firewall question...Remember Sygate?

BonyTony

OSNN Senior Addict
Well firstly hello, its been a long time since I posted on here...in fact it seems a lifetime ago.

So i`ve finally moved from XP to Windows 7 and I need to install a firewall but would like one similar to Sygate which is now dead, any suggestions?.

I like to see what data is being uploaded/downloaded and with a single click.

Thanks.

Windows 7 firewall in actually pretty good.
It can block inbound and outbound traffic.

I use comodo on my personal machines, it's very good, extremely thorough, but it might drive you nuts while it 'learns' your system, so you do have to put some time into configuring it, which could easily be too much for the average ebay user/facebook junkie. Also, pay attention to each install screen, don't just install it with your brain on autopilot, it has optional toolbars & features you may or may not want (likely not).
Anyway, the end result is a pretty good firewall.
Firewall Software Download | Free Computer Protection

The free comodo security suite is pretty decent imo as well.
:)

I remember sygate and "tiny" firewall, man they were great, if my memory is serving correctly (which doesn't happen too often anymore), I was the person that introduced those firewalls to this board many generations ago...at least that's the x-perience I remember

anyway, I believe most of the firewalls went out of business or became unavailable once we started reading reports that the government wanted a back door to all firewalls

while that story seemed un-doable it was a little too coincidental that the firewall industry from independent programmers went under right after that

WIndows firewall is all you need. If you insist on one, the new zone alarm is pretty nice. I never thought I would say that ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back