Firewall for winXP that actually will work?!?!

K

kc0eks

Hello all,
I have tried every firewall i can think of for winxp and they all end up doing the SAME thing..COMPLETELY turning internet access off...the programs arnt set to do this but they do.
And if they dont do that they wont remeber setting, like which can and cant access the net.

Zonalarm, which i love is one of these.

Thanks!

Originally posted by kc0eks
Hello all,
I have tried every firewall i can think of for winxp and they all end up doing the SAME thing..COMPLETELY turning internet access off...the programs arnt set to do this but they do.
And if they dont do that they wont remeber setting, like which can and cant access the net.

Zonalarm, which i love is one of these.

Thanks!

Norton Personal Firewall works, you have to configure it. I'm using it. Others say Zone Alarm works and Tiny Firewall.

Zone Alarm work fine as long as you have the latest version 2.6.362
And of course you have to configure it.

they should all work

I have used XP's firewall, worked fine...McAfee's firewall...worked fine and ZoneAlarm...worked fine. I am now using ZoneAlarm Pro on all of my machines...pretty much any firewall needs some configuration, just set them up and they should all work fine with XP, including Norton and Tiny Personal Firewall. In ZoneAlarm, make sur eit is the most recent version (for XP compatibility) and just make sure it is set up right (for simplicity sake, just run the set up wizard during install....)

Zone Alarm Pro is my choice

http://www.zonelabs.com/

When it's installed the default settings are adequate for most purposes, but I still tweak it up a little. All configurations speak for themselves, fairly easy. For the first few times on the net ZoneAlarm will ask you fairly frequently whether this programme, or that programme can act as a server / access the internet, read the instructions and makes yer choice.

Zone Alarm is one of the few that not only blocks incoming, but also blocks outgoing (if you want it to).

Good luck TOK:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back