firefox question

Indeed. In FF 3 you'll be prompted if you'll save your session for later use when you hit the close-button :)
I was not prompted to save the session, I think you have this enabled, can you tell me how to do this?

I also don't have a session manager in version three and I can't download it

Slightly outside the box.

You could just use Opera :)

It's faster and uses less memory AND it can re-start with the last state remembered :)
nope, opera can't open the final page on re launch

could someone tell me if they can get this to work and how they did it?...I don't care which browser or which extensions I have to load;

this is the first page

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/mynass...rty_search.jsp

hit the "property search" button on top, then tap the "I agree button" at the bottom left

the resulting page is where I want to wind up when I launch

I can do it after a browser crash but can't get session manager to do it without a crash

however I am for the first time impressed with the browser and it actually does seem faster, not like in the past when their claims didn't match the performance

I also like how they have finally figured out we don't like a big toolbar

I might start using this browser more often, thanx for the reminder

Each solution people have given you have said it has not worked, maybe we are thinking it's something else you are asking, even though I am pretty sure I 100% understand.

Each solution people have given you have said it has not worked, maybe we are thinking it's something else you are asking, even though I am pretty sure I 100% understand.
try my instructions, get to the final page and see if you can do reload that page on restart;

this is the first page

hit the "property search" button on top, then tap the "I agree button" at the bottom left

I can do it after a browser crash but can't get session manager to do it without a crash

perris,

I've got no idea about that. It's default here, and works when you've got more than one tab open.

nope, opera can't open the final page on re launch

could someone tell me if they can get this to work and how they did it?...I don't care which browser or which extensions I have to load;

this is the first page

That link is not loading up correctly for me. Says I don't have permission :)

however I am for the first time impressed with the browser and it actually does seem faster, not like in the past when their claims didn't match the performance

I also like how they have finally figured out we don't like a big toolbar

I might start using this browser more often, thanx for the reminder

Well, Opera loads my last session every time, not sure what it is you are looking to do.

Also, Opera gets faster the more you use it, in my experience and has a much more intuitive bookmarks config. Lastly, speed-dial is a joy to use :D

Attachments

• page I want to launch with browser.JPG
    page I want to launch with browser.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 127
That link is not loading up correctly for me. Says I don't have permission :)

Well, Opera loads my last session every time, not sure what it is you are looking to do.

Also, Opera gets faster the more you use it, in my experience and has a much more intuitive bookmarks config. Lastly, speed-dial is a joy to use :D
also, I can't seem to find how to put up a history button on opera

Can't you set it as a home page? I remember someone had posted that you can have more than one home page. So you would get a couple of tabs opening at launch.

that won"t work gonads, the page I want won"t load unless I hit the I agree button but it will load after a browser crash

What you are looking for is under the file tab in Opera as sessions, you can either save the session or manage sessions. The Ctrl-Alt-H button will bring up a history in Opera.
Seems to me what you want to do is save the session, of all the tabs that you are using, when opera restarts just reload the session.

When Opera starts it will ask you is you want to use a session or start new.

What you are looking for is under the file tab in Opera as sessions, you can either save the session or manage sessions. The Ctrl-Alt-H button will bring up a history in Opera.
Seems to me what you want to do is save the session, of all the tabs that you are using, when opera restarts just reload the session.

When Opera starts it will ask you is you want to use a session or start new.
can you try to do it and see if you can get it to work falconguard?

I have tried saving sessions and that did not do the trick, I even tried saving the page and putting it on my desktop

this almost worked, I have to hit "work off line" to get the page to open the way it was saved, otherwise it links to the site and I have to do the uala

this is the first page

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/mynassauproperty/main.jsp

see my attachment above to see the page I need to load without haveing to go through 2 pages of uala each time

The site is using a javascript to take you to the main page. I have disabled javascript in site preferences and that pretty much disables the session. There are scripts you can use with opera to automatically click through this, I believe or automatically reset the string to a null set. Unfortunately I don't know any. Let me check around ...

that won"t work gonads, the page I want won"t load unless I hit the I agree button but it will load after a browser crash

Then more than likely it will not work with any browser setup since the page you are trying to load had a type of security page (the "Agree" page) you need to go through first in order to load. It works when the browser crashes because it is loaded as a ongoing session (the browser knows that it crashed and somehow has the info and the page still loaded but in Limbo, of sorts) not a new and completely different session. So basically you can not circumvent the "Agree" page.

Also after dissecting the web page (and some of the other pages) even if you were to link to the "Disclaimer page http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/mynassauproperty/disclaimer.jsp you are screwed because if you click the accept button it loads this page http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/mynassauproperty/logic.jsp in another tab. Which unfortunately is blank.

Even after looking through all the damn Java Scripts it won't let me link the the "form" page. Which seems to be Form1.

It has this

Code:
<script language="javascript">
var logicFrame = top.logicFrame;

if (logicFrame!=null){
 if (logicFrame.document.Form1.txtLogic.value!="YES")
 	document.location.href="disclaimer.jsp";
}else
{
	document.location.href="main.jsp"
}

</script>

Grrrrrrrrr.

The site is using a javascript to take you to the main page. I have disabled javascript in site preferences and that pretty much disables the session. There are scripts you can use with opera to automatically click through this, I believe or automatically reset the string to a null set. Unfortunately I don't know any. Let me check around ...
how about a script to crash the browser?

There's the six buttons from hell... -shudder- If you realize what it does it's quite funny. But evil. VERY evil.

so this is crazy, all of a sudden when I launch firefox it is indeed doing what I want it to do

go figure

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back