firefox question

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
k, so firefox has a pretty cool feature, if the browser crashes or my box crashes it will restore the previous session

this is really good because if I have to restart the browser I have to jump threw some uala pages, if it restores the previous session it goes right to the page I want to be in the first place

so, is there a way to load the previous session even if the browser didn't crash?

if there's nothing I can do besides crash the browser, and without using task manager, is there a way to crash the browser when I close it down?

thanx in advance

dont know if this is it but.....

in url bar type - about:config, then look for browser.sessionstore.resume_session_once (bool) - default is false, change it to true

or

browser.startup.page (int) - What is displayed when Firefox starts: 0 = blank page; 1 = homepage; 3 = previous session. Default is 1. (Note: This preference is exposed in the Startup section of the Main pane of the Options/Preferences dialog.)

You need tabsmixplus installed, and have these settings here. As a second choice.

Make sure Show My Windows And Tabs From Last Time, instead of Show my homepage.

Last edited by a moderator:
k, sessionstoreresume thingy didn't do the trick, homepage thingy to 3 didn't do the trick and tabsmixplus says it's for older versions

what version does tabsmix plus work on and do you have a link for that version?

thanx for the help guys

I am running the latest Firefox 2.0 version. If you have 3 it does not work.

I am running the latest Firefox 2.0 version. If you have 3 it does not work.
ok, went back to version 2, installed tabs mix and also found session manager, I think both of these will do the trick, thanx all

ok, went back to version 2, installed tabs mix and also found session manager, I think both of these will do the trick, thanx all

As you can see in my screenshot I have it set to use Firefox's built in Session Manager, but changing the other setting to do it everytime still works with the built in one.

session manager work wonders..

There is also a beta version of TabMixPlus that works in FF3b5 (haven't tried it yet in RC1). I pulled it down and it does work great.. can't find it at the moment though.. will edit if I find it again later.

session manager work wonders..

There is also a beta version of TabMixPlus that works in FF3b5 (haven't tried it yet in RC1). I pulled it down and it does work great.. can't find it at the moment though.. will edit if I find it again later.

Newest version of TMP is 0.3.6.1.080416 Everything works with RC1 except what Bman posted. So if you shut down FF with some tabs open and then restart FF it will not restore your tab session. If it crashes with tabs then it will restore them if you wish it to.

Slightly outside the box.

You could just use Opera :)

It's faster and uses less memory AND it can re-start with the last state remembered :)

Firefox 3.0 does this automatically. When you close the browser a window pops up that says "Quit - Save & Quit" and a check box that says never ask me again. You could have checked that, then hit quit so now it always quits without saving the session. I'm not sure how you would go about resetting that option, I looked around the preferences and saw nothing relating to it. *shrug*

Indeed. In FF 3 you'll be prompted if you'll save your session for later use when you hit the close-button :)

As you can see in my screenshot I have it set to use Firefox's built in Session Manager, but changing the other setting to do it everytime still works with the built in one.
bad news, this does not do the trick

this is bizarre, on a crash I can get back to the screen I was working on, but on close I cannot

somebody see if they can get to do what I want to do, this is the first page

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/mynassauproperty/property_search.jsp

hit the "property search" button then tap the "I agree button" at the bottom and that's the page I want to come back to on restart, I can do it after a browser crash but can't get session manager to do it without a crash

Last edited:
Firefox 3.0 does this automatically. When you close the browser a window pops up that says "Quit - Save & Quit" and a check box that says never ask me again. You could have checked that, then hit quit so now it always quits without saving the session. I'm not sure how you would go about resetting that option, I looked around the preferences and saw nothing relating to it. *shrug*
going to try that but I doubt it will work, please try my link above and give it a go before I reisntall version three

thanx in advance

Slightly outside the box.

You could just use Opera :)

It's faster and uses less memory AND it can re-start with the last state remembered :)
will try that now , could you try the link I provided above and tell me if it works for you after you hit the "I agree button"?

thanx saz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back