firefox question

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
so "additional plugins are required to view this page" pops up, the option to install is there but not the option to see what the plugins are

any way to see this in firefox

I have an idea and I believe that this new breed of popups is primarily caused by Flash.
Firefox is set to block popups caused by the standard code that makes up web pages. Flash however is a plugin with rights to open popups on its own. Unfortunately, if you block it's ability to do so, you may hinder safe Flash content from performing as designed.
My solution is to use the FlashBlock extension for Firefox (http://flashblock.mozdev.org/). FlashBlock replaces Flash content with a placeholder on the page that allows you to click to view the content. It has a whitelist so you can turn on Flash (for every visit) on pages you trust.
I have used this extension for some time now simply because advertisements were becoming too distracting - hindering my reading. I noticed that popups began appearing on one of my computers that did not have Flashblock installed while I saw no new popups on those with it.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have an idea and I believe that this new breed of popups is primarily caused by Macromedia Flash.
Firefox is set to block popups caused by the standard code that makes up web pages. Flash however is a plugin with rights to open popups on its own. Unfortunately, if you block it's ability to do so, you may hinder safe Flash content from performing as designed.
My solution is to use the FlashBlock extension for Firefox (http://flashblock.mozdev.org/). FlashBlock replaces Flash content with a placeholder on the page that allows you to click to view the content. It has a whitelist so you can turn on Flash (for every visit) on pages you trust.
I have used this extension for some time now simply because advertisements were becoming too distracting - hindering my reading. I noticed that popups began appearing on one of my computers that did not have Flashblock installed while I saw no new popups on those with it.

I hope this helps.
I think it helps since I think it's a youtube that firefox wants to enable, but the very point begs the question;

why doesn't firefox want to tell you what the page wants to install?

I am an ie fan but some sites I need firefox and I have been led to believe security is better in ff then it is in ie, this security flaw is quite the surprise to me, I cannot understand why it doesn't give an option to view the plugin that wants to be installed

go figure

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back