Firefox + Plug-ins

ming

OSNN Advanced
Don't particularly like Mozilla at present as I'm so used to using IE for browsing and stuff, but am trying to familiarise myself with Firefox.

The bit that P!$$3$ me off the most with Firefox is that it tells me that I need to download and install a plug-in on a huge number of websites... those that uses flash and shockwave.... java included.
Would have thought Mozilla included these stuff in Firefox from the beginning.
Got no choice but to download and install it.... So, I click on the thing to download the plug-in and hey... nothing bloody happens. All I get is the usual "downloading" window that does not download anything, gives me the option to press Next. And when I do press Next, it says the plug-in has been installed. Restart Firefox, and it tells me that I need to download a plug-in...

What the h3ll is wrong with this damn thing?

Sorry.. my bad...found the solution to my prob, but still cheesed off with the thing. haha

NetRyder said:
Then enter "about:config" (without quotes) in the location box, and if you did everything right, you should see that all the plugins are listed.
I think it should be "about:plugins" (without quotes).

ming said:
The bit that P!$$3$ me off the most with Firefox is that it tells me that I need to download and install a plug-in on a huge number of websites... those that uses flash and shockwave.... java included.
Would have thought Mozilla included these stuff in Firefox from the beginning.
Got no choice but to download and install it....
you have to go and fetch them for MSIE as well, so its not really different, but yes the Firefox, click this to go and get it doesnt really work as well as it should but at least its trying which is more than can be said for internet explorer

You still have to get the plugins for IE, like Geffy already stated. Besides that though, Firefox is designed to be very small in size, allowing for the users to customize it with all of the plugins/extensions/themes that they want. That way, it's not bloated to begin with, full of features that many people don't want.

jcheng said:
I think it should be "about:plugins" (without quotes).
Oops, mistake at the spur of the moment.
smile.gif

more help

Since this is about firefox, i might as well ask..
When i try to log into hotmail, i get a white page that says "done" at the bottom, how do i go about making it so i can login and go directly to hotmail instead of this error.
I have the newest version of firefox and i am a little confused on why this happens

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back