firefox not in start menu

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi all,

Why doesn't firefox make it onto the Win7 start menu?

All my other frequently used apps make it on there, but my most used one, Firefox, never shows up.

Intentionally made this way by MS?

Heeter

Perhaps you just need to use it more frequently :)

It is on mine although doesn't have a funky jump list like alot of other applications do, I hope they get something like that added soon as I certainly find it very useful for Internet Explorer.

Mine has a jumplist, but also is not in the startmenu, but i think that is because I have it open 24/7 and only start it up once in a blue moon lol

IE is on top of my start menu with a jump list, but I never use it. On the jump list, I got no sites listed there because I never use IE.

I open/close firefox very very very frequently.

I noticed that thunderbird doesn't show up either.............

Heeter

You could always try unchecking "Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu", this will clear the list but should sort it out if it has glitched.

As I use IE and Outlook more frequently (and WMP) I have them pinned to the top.

Yea normally anything I care about is pinned anyways.

Well EP,

I have it installed on three different computers and firefox is not on the start menu on any of them.

I will try the fix you mentioned.

Heeter

Ok may also need a reboot, sometimes if you have used a cleaner it gets easily messed up - MRU lists etc.

Attachments

• StartMenu.png
    StartMenu.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 114
IE is on top of my start menu with a jump list, but I never use it. On the jump list, I got no sites listed there because I never use IE.

I open/close firefox very very very frequently.

I noticed that thunderbird doesn't show up either.............

Heeter

1. Go to the Control Panel.

2. Choose "Default Programs".

3. Choose "Set Program Access and Computer Defaults".

4. Choose the option you want and click on the drop down arrow to the right to specify the details.

5. Enjoy.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back