Firefox messed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
Not sure what happened here. I left my system alone while I made lunch. I come back and it's restarted. No big deal usually, but when I load firefox it gives me this welcome screen, prompts me that it's not my default browser and my bookmarks are nowhere to be found. I opened my profile and was able to restore all my bookmarks and extensions but now it's still being weird. It's a cosmetic problem so it's nothing terrible, just annoying. Everytime I start it it loads a blank bookmark toolbar. I have no need for this and disable it in the view menu but it keeps coming back. Also it resets all my custom buttons and layouts back to the default. It removes all my search engines from the search bar as well. What should I do? Save my profile and reinstall maybe?

Re: Firefox f*ck up?

Latest version; 1.5.something. I reinstalled and that didn't work so I completely removed it, deleted my profile and reinstalled. That got it, now I gotta go around and reenter all my passwords and stuff. Such a pain!

THis should help you b-Soul if you have future issues :)
mozbackup

mozbackup is a great program...gives me a warm feeling knowing all my settings are saved.

Thank's tdinc!! Very Awesome find. just reinstalled Firefox and all is well. It no longer comes right back up when I minimumize it. And I didn't have to spend hours tweaking it to get it back to the way I want it.

reppage to you!

just get IE lol.. firefox sucks

hehehehe lol kekekkeek lol kekhahaheheheROFL!!!!1111!!!!!11111!!!1!!

Okay. He asked for a solution to fix his firefox, he was not looking for an alternate browser.

just get Opera lol.. IE sucks.

hehehehe lol kekekkeek lol kekhahaheheheROFL!!!!1111!!!!!11111!!!1!!

Okay. He asked for a solution to fix his firefox, he was not looking for an alternate browser.

just get Opera lol.. IE sucks.

just get rid of everything.... internet sux... lol :p

You sure no one got into it and trashed it ?? That is possible ...

mlala.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back