Firefox image rendering bug ?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Since I've been using Fx on XP (1.5.0.4 and now 1.5.0.5) I've experienced a small glitch with rendering images, and today I finally figured out what the problem is.

It seems that if an image is displayed on a page, at a different size to the actual image file, it simply does not display, instead filling the space with the colour of the first pixel in the image file (See attached file for an example).

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is my copy of Fx being a daft arse?

I've uploaded the example here: http://speedyb.osnn.net/Fxbug.html

Attachments

• FxBug.png
    FxBug.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 83
I'm on 1.5.0.5 and xp64, this is how mine came out

Attachments

• test.PNG
    test.PNG
    201.2 KB · Views: 81
works fine in my 1.5.0.4 on Windows Vista and my Parallels Desktop version of Windows XP

i would try wiping out or renaming your Firefox profiles directory and trying

Bugger.

Will try nuking the profile tomorrow. Thought it was a little odd I'd not heard about it before :)

I tend to have a similar situation on the computer at work. But it's more with the attachments (that are images) on the forums (this could be the same thing as yours). Since the attachment images are smaller than the actual image they do as you have shown SPeedY. Now every once in a while I will get one or two to show up again, but very seldom. This has been going on since the last update of the browser. It was when I updated to 1.5.04, and now with 1.5.05 it be the same. :(

Odd how at home it's just fine. Could be a profile thing, not sure. At home no other profile 'cept me. At work it get use by more than one person but there are no different profiles just as is, soooo??? Don't know what to tell ya. I really have not tried to pinpoint the problem yet. :s

If I find anything I'll post. Mmmmm Kayyyyy.

Finally got round to nuking my profile, and the problem still persists.

Any other ideas?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back