Firefox hits 50 Million Downloads!

muzikool said:
For the record, I thought we were joking around, indicated by the :laugh: and :p. Didn't mean for it to become serious.

Back to the topic...
Of SeaMonkey world domination. :p

Funny but all you was say hey my IE crashed not one so called exploite as asked figures as much , and was not directed at you outright but if you feel like you bashed MS on the site somewhere I am sure that maybe you felt it was at you. And oh just because I did not mention I used DOS and programmed in basic your I am with MS since 3.1 is like I dont care , If I want to pump my post count I will thats what the post count is for, it makes people post for the count same as the rep points good way to make some feel important if needed, but I am right about the MS bashing its all over this site now every chance there is to bash MS it is done by many ..but again you did not look at that point either, your sig is cool I am not saying anything about Apple or Linux there is plenty of room for all those and more, MS bashing is making this place loose what it was built to be.

I'm fine with discussing the so-called MS bashing, but not in this thread. I'm sure the topic would be fine in the Green Room.

As previously noted in the thread, the 50 million downloads supposedly does not include upgrades to existing installations of Firefox. Obviously they can't be 100% accurate, but it probably is closer to 50 million. That's a big number, but it's still market share that really counts, IMO.

I like the browser a lot, but I probably use the Maxthon Explorer variant more than Firefox (except on my iBook...It's 100% Firefox there!)

i dont tend to like using "substitutes" in operating systems. For example using wine or crossover office in linux to run word. Or using firefox on windows when the default/included is IE.
However, you have to think about security and if IE7 has tabbed browsing and alot of the current security issues covered by default then i would use IE.

Right now, if i were to use IE i can use it with no problem and not recieve any spyware or malicious attempts. However because its set so secure i need to lower settings every now and then to view a site which has no malicious intent. :s its a shame really.

NetRyder said:
I'm not so sure after attending the IE session at WinHEC. :ermm:
Not making any judgements until beta 1 this summer, but I can't say I was impressed in the least bit by the session, unfortunately.

The Firefox download counter's also getting old now. I'm waiting for a significant new release that brings some nice new features rather than just bug fixes. The road to 1.0 was awesome. I hope the trend continues. :)

IE 7 is getting some attention, but i am not sure. The talk coming from the IE camp is not encouriging. Also, when they start fixing the problems in IE, will they break the existing stylesheets that contain the hacks that are needed to make older IE's behave properly?

themafia.69 said:
Yay, die spyware die!
Linky
I too am a Firefox fan. I also use Thunderbird vs. Outlook Express. Much better except for the signature doesn't work.

For all of you fans - simply type about:mozilla into the Firefox/Mozilla adress bar.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back