Firefox Bookmark Right Click

Admiral Michael

OSNN Veteran Addict
I have a problem with my firefox (pic attached). This is on a fresh install of Firefox. I installed it on my server (Win2003) as well as a friend's laptop (WinXP Pro) both have the same problem. My comps which were a previous version upgraded are fine.

This by the way is the right click menu for the bookmarks.

Last edited:
I don't use FF but you could try posting this in the Mozilla thread and see if you get any comments there perhaps. I havn't a clue. If it's on more then one comp then it seems to be something other then a profile issue.

I never had that problem but here is a link (may be the one you ask for in the other thread)

Firefox

I had this exact problem. It has something to do with your bookmarks toolbar. I can't remember exactly what the solution was, but I think the items were moved onto the bookmarks toolbar that shouldn't have been moved there, like the URL bar. Reset everything as it was when FF was installed and simply uncheck the Bookmark toolbar.

I had this same exact problem and already reported it in the FF forums.

Mathachew said:
I had this exact problem. It has something to do with your bookmarks toolbar. I can't remember exactly what the solution was, but I think the items were moved onto the bookmarks toolbar that shouldn't have been moved there, like the URL bar. Reset everything as it was when FF was installed and simply uncheck the Bookmark toolbar.

I had this same exact problem and already reported it in the FF forums.

I have reinstalled FF to fix it, Ive tried making a new profile. It seems to work fine for like the first 3 times then stops. Do you have a link to that post?

It seems to be the way Firefox displays itself on yer machine. I think. I got this same problem when I downloaded the Deer Park Alpha 1 browser. I installed it and all seemed well. I then installed a plugin for macromedia and my bookmark toolbar up and dissapeared. And when I click anywhere on toolbar where the bookmarks should be, I get that odd artefact/icon. And this is also if I right click on the bookmark toolbar. For some reason it seems to do with installing the plugin. But it could also be due to Firefox importing any bookmark properties from Mozilla. Maybe? Or because of any extentions that have been imported after an upgrade of Firefox and they are not functioning correctly?

This has happened on 3 machines (2 laptops and my server) and I have not installed any themes or extensions. I've tried installing a previous version then upgrading to no avail. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'll check the mozilla support forum but Im not sure.

Admiral Michael:

I tried the profile thing, it worked until I made changes to the Bookmarks toolbar. Maybe doing clean install of FF (uninstall, delete all files under \Documents and Settings\ and under \Program Files\). Doing this helped clear some of the issues I had with extensions, in particular, Adblock (accidentally blocked images on a site and after that, it never was the same).

Make sure you don't do anything drastic to the Bookmarks or Address toolbars, like removing the core items of each toolbar, FF obviously doesn't like it. As of FF 1.0.4, I have been unable to reproduce it. In 1.0 and 1.1, I could easily replicate it. Perhaps it has been fixed, I don't know. I tried searching the forums, but couldn't find it. I posted a new topic about it, but can't find it.

Anyways, maybe try completely cleaning out all FF info stored on the computer (just make sure you save your bookmarks and a list of the extensions you use). Then dl 1.0.4 and install. This helped FF run better on my machine for some reason. I can't explain it, but I know it works a little better now :)

Nope, one thing I do change is the layout of FF, I make it look more like IE. Otherwise its a totally fresh installation.

Try to reinstall but don't do anything to it. No themes and no IE look alike stuff either. Try running it like that for a bit and see if it clears up.

Well I seem to have fixed mine on Deer Park Alpha 1. It seems that something with any extentions that are getting imported is doin da screwy with it. I right clicked on the toolbars and went into "customized" and set everything to default. Then I right clicked again and unchecked the "bookmarks toolbar" and of course, it removed the bookmarks toolbar. I then right clicked and rechecked the bookmarks toolbar to bring it back, but it was still blank. I then went and updated my "tabbrowser extensions" and then closed out the browser and then reopened it. Now the toolbar is all there and it is still there after closing and opening the browser several times.

Some sort of imported something is the cause of all this. So dig into all extentions, plugins whatever. See what's there, update them and then see what happens. And just leave everything at default for a bit, see if that helps.

Well I've reset the layout to defaults. Seems to have fixed it. Usually I put the address bar on the bookmakrs toolbar. I believe this is the problem. Now I changed the button layout.

See attached pic.

Last edited:
I've always avoided the Tabbrowser extension, it caused memory leaks in Linux and FreeBSD; besides you can force links to open in a new tab without it now, so for me there is no need for it.

I dont use tabs and you dont need an extension for it. Firefox has it built in.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back