• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Firefox ad in the NY Times tomorrow

The Mozilla Foundation has announced that the long-awaited New York Times advertisement for Mozilla Firefox will run in tomorrow's edition (Thursday 16th December 2004). The two-page black and white ad features the names of the 10,000 donors on the left with a large Firefox logo graphic and quotes from satisfied users on the right.

The ad looks really nice. If you did donate, you might want to download the high-res PDF version of the file to look up your name.

With the kind of readership that the NY Times has, this should be a very effective pitch for Firefox. Any guesses on how much market-share this campaign will bring to Fx? :)

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I'm glad to see that the ad is finally getting run. I thought about donating, but decided that I had more important things to spend the money on. Anyhow, there's no doubt that the ad will grab some market share... I hope that it surpasses expectation!

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
I wonder why they didn't go with USA Today or the Wall Street Journal, both of which have higher circulation.

Xie

- geek -
j79zlr said:
I wonder why they didn't go with USA Today or the Wall Street Journal, both of which have higher circulation.
Well higher circulation ofter translates to higher cost as well for ads. I think they just barely made the $ for this ad (could be wrong). :classic:

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
Xie said:
Well higher circulation ofter translates to higher cost as well for ads. I think they just barely made the $ for this ad (could be wrong). :classic:
IIRC they needed $50,000 for the NYT ad, and they raised $250,000

X-Istence

Political User
They wanted to go for a one page ad at first, they ended up with two pages. I say they more than accomplished what they set out to do!

And a fourth of a million is not nothing you know.

j79zlr said:
IIRC they needed $50,000 for the NYT ad, and they raised $250,000
Oh :eek: The rest going to pay for bandwidth and servers for Firefox release?

I don't follow the fox as closely as the suite as it still lacks IMHO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis