Firefox 3 RC2 Released

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Political Access
This second Firefox 3 Release Candidate is a preview release of Mozilla's next generation Firefox browser and is being made available for testing purposes only.

Preview releases are published to collect feedback from Web developers and our testing community before advancing to the next stage in the release process. The final version of Firefox 3 will be released when we qualify the product as fully ready for our users. Users of the latest released version of Firefox should not expect all of their add-ons to work properly with this preview release.

Please see below for an extensive list of features and enhancements found in Firefox 3, as well as known issues and frequently asked questions. As always, we appreciate your feedback either through this feedback form or by filing a bug in Bugzilla.
What's New in Firefox 3

Firefox 3 is based on the Gecko 1.9 Web rendering platform, which has been under development for the past 34 months. Building on the previous release, Gecko 1.9 has more than 14,000 updates including some major re-architecting to provide improved performance, stability, rendering correctness, and code simplification and sustainability. Firefox 3 has been built on top of this new platform resulting in a more secure, easier to use, more personal product with a lot more under the hood to offer website and Firefox add-on developers.

Release Notes
Download Page

Ah, you beat me to it! Apparently, Firefox 3 RC1 automatically updated to RC2 after exiting the browser :)

This one seems to be excellent on my RAM! I've got four tabs opened, and only 60 MB RAM used with 5-6 extensions installed :)

Is there an ETA on extension compatability?

I am only able to run a couple of my favorite extensions at the moment :(

Sazar,

They're usually up to date within a week :)

Edit:
Wee, post #100 :)

Any extensions that worked with RC1 will work with RC2 as the browser shows itself as FF3 and nothing more. All my RC1 extensions are doing fine, the install didn't even do a compatibility check. None that I noticed.

tab browser preferences.. isn't that outdated/no longer being maintained anymore?

TabMix plus was superior in my opinion.. but the latest update to FF3 broke that too :(

Hmmmm

SUSPENDED
This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota

Doesn't look good.

Page works for me, but for those who can't see it (maybe your ISP's DNS is having problems?), here's the latest xpi.

Attachments

• tab_mix_plus-dev-build.rar
    371.7 KB · Views: 154
No it's not a DNS problem. The site was just dead for a bit. I tried it at work also and on another wireless network with my laptop. It's fine now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back