Firefox 3.7 Redesign ...

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I am liking this:

Firefox browser is on the up and up; with version 3.5 recently released, it's making very good progress, and now, the organization has revealed some concepts for a redesign they plan to be included in version 3.7.

Firstly, we should note that these new designs are purely ideas, and they'll only be re-making the Windows versions, so put your excited faces away, Mac and Linux users. According to the official wiki that we linked above, here are Mozilla's planned new improvements:

1. Embracing Glass: Toolbar and Tabs using Glass. Buttons translucent and slightly glossy to meld with the toolbar. Raised 3D lookachieve tactile "feel".

2. Page Button: Connect the Page button to the left side of the tab area. Directly connected to the Page.

3. Tools/Bookmark Bar: Connecting the Tools button to the side of the window to emphasize the fact that it is used for customizing and changing the UI. Adding a button next to that to toggle the Bookmarks bar which is turned off by default.
Mockup-Vista-001.png

Mockup-Vista-%28NoAero%29-001.png

Mockup-XP-%28Combined%29-001.png

Source: Neowin -> http://www.neowin.net/news/software/09/07/20/first-firefox-37-redesign-screenshots-released

wow.. very nice! something long overdue. sucks we'll have to wait till next year for this.

I really REALLY like this, I cant wait!

I will have to remove and change some extensions when it's released, since I already do quite a bit of customizing to Firefox. But, that is one sexy looking firefox!

I only use maybe one or two extensions, so that won't be too bad ... Too many extensions makes it slow down ...

Looks good, add speed increases to keep it in line with the competition and we will be there :) Still I will keep on using it as the extensions are just too handy :D

I only use maybe one or two extensions, so that won't be too bad ... Too many extensions makes it slow down ...

Get a better computer lol I have 50+ extensions, and it really ain't that slow.

do u even use that many? O:

i only have 3 at the moment (2 to make the ui more vista-like btw), and i use one sometimes to get videos from some site.

adblock and greasemonkey here ;)

Get a better computer lol I have 50+ extensions, and it really ain't that slow.

I have a good computer. Too many extensions causes the browser to be bogged down .. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back