Firefox 2.0 now available

At least you are honest :D

Doesn't really bother me as much as it apparently bothers you :eek:

Let's just say I'm getting sick with the crap MS is making go through. If it could be disabled fine but afaik it can't.

Out of curiosity, what else are they doing that bothers you so much?

Its not alot of things, I just like things a certain way and they seem to be forcing another way on us/me.

Like with Vista and UAC and such. IE7 adds that new security with exe's in XP. The whole activation idea is redicolous.

A friend's dad bought Flight Sim and now he is forced to buy another copy because he upgraded his computer (new mobo and such). It just alot of **** if you ask me, and MS wonders why some people pirate.

Activation ideas aren't rediculous, they are there to combat piracy and protect those people who actually paid for the software.

UAC and other security improvements are needed IMO, because although they annoy you, the greater population has no F'n clue when it comes to security. It's not a complete solution, but it is definitely a step in the right direction.

Granted, I will partially agree at least with the security stuff that you should be able to turn it off, but I like the feature.

I understand it may benefit the average user but there still should be a way to disable it for us more advanced users. If there was such an option I wouldn't have such a big problem with it. (And I know there is a way around UAC.)

One more thing is that I use the actual administrator account on my computer, with that I shouldn't have to deal with these.

You can disable UAC if you don't want to deal with it or you can run under the "Administrator" account.

Activation ideas aren't rediculous, they are there to combat piracy and protect those people who actually paid for the software.

UAC and other security improvements are needed IMO, because although they annoy you, the greater population has no F'n clue when it comes to security. It's not a complete solution, but it is definitely a step in the right direction.

Granted, I will partially agree at least with the security stuff that you should be able to turn it off, but I like the feature.

Use linux for a few minutes and see if the user rights bother you, they don't. UAC is a mess, it does nothing for security. It pops up so freaking often and for the most mundane tasks, it creates a "cried wolf" scenario. It happens so often, you end up just blindly clicking ACCEPT without even reading the dialog.

Why are file extensions still hidden by default?

As far as activation, it will do absolutely nothing to combat piracy, the activation software is almost always cracked before its public. It does nothing but annoy those who've actually paid for the software. I personally don't like the idea that I can only upgrade once and then have to pay for a another copy? Screw that. I paid for the license, I should be able to transfer it often as I like.

I seriously hope Vista will be a flop, and I'm almost certain it will be. Its interface is a mess of XP and new wizards, it will end up just confusing someone who has run XP for the last 5 years. Consumers do not need activation headaches and DRM, and hopefully the general public will realize that.

EDIT: Why is this in the Firefox 2 thread???

Well at least your decision is supported by technical explanation and detail :p

At least he has actually tested both and came to a conclusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree j79zlr. So true!

This is in the Firefox 2 thread because we were discussing why I don't like IE and prefer Firefox alot better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back