firefox-1.0.6. released

I'm glad I didn't upgrade yet ... Thanx for the info ...

[rant]Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggh I just updated a few days ago. Now they update it again so freakin soon so now I have to download it again and have the download basically kill my connection speed (err I guess I should say mope here) till it gets done. Why the heck did I even bother updating it the last time? [/rant]

I didn't update to 1.5 yet. I want to make sure the extensions and such will work ..

mmm, i just checked the auto updater, nothing there :p

Could be they are releasing 1.0.6 next week because they found a few bugs in 1.0.5 and they fixed a bunch and that's why they are releasing 1.0.6 so quickly?

When its linked from the main firefox page then i'll download it. Damn youse!

gonaads said:
Could be they are releasing 1.0.6 next week because they found a few bugs in 1.0.5 and they fixed a bunch and that's why they are releasing 1.0.6 so quickly?
1.0.5 unintentionally broke some extensions. 1.0.6 is nothing more than a fix for that. :)

Just days after the releases of Mozilla Firefox 1.0.5 and Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.5, it appears likely that 1.0.6 versions of the two applications could be coming as early as next week. It is understood that API changes in 1.0.5 unintentionally broke some extensions.

In comment 45 of bug 300028, Rafael Ebron said yesterday, "We received feedback on 1.0.5 from distributors and extension developers on API changes that affected them (not a security issue), so we're looking at a 1.0.6 to fix it."

NetRyder said:
1.0.5 unintentionally broke some extensions. 1.0.6 is nothing more than a fix for that. :)

Now I am really happy I didn't upgrade to 1.0.5 ...

The candidate builds were out yesterday. No real reason to download them unless any of your extensions broke, considering the final build should be out soon.

NetRyder said:

So in other words those of us still on dial up don't have to face another 7-20 min (time may vary for other dial up users but this is about my average) download unless 1.0.5 broke something.

Ferral_Imp said:
So in other words those of us still on dial up don't have to face another 7-20 min (time may vary for other dial up users but this is about my average) download unless 1.0.5 broke something.
Yeah, you can skip 1.0.6 if you have no problems with the current version.

well im using deer park alpha 2. should i not be using it? this question pops in my head everytime i come to install either firefox or deer park dont know which to install

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back