Firefox 1.0.1 Released

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Update: Feb 24
Final build has been released. Links provided below:
Release Notes
Unofficial Changelog
Download Firefox 1.0.1 (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)

--------------------------------------
Well, we're there -- or nearly there. We're basically at code complete for our Firefox 1.0.1 update. The candidate builds are available for testing at ftp and if all goes well with our last minute testing, we'll be making these available as Firefox 1.0.1 sometime tomorrow afternoon.

We're still working on some with the application update infrastructure and the installer so for the first few days, we'll only be offering the release via full download at the website and then turning on the automatic update system hopefully sometime next week.

If you're interested in trying out these candidate bits, please download them and report back here if you find any problems. If you're a nightly build user, do not install on top of your current build. You'll likely experience problems, so uninstall first or install the candidate build to a new directory. If you're a 1.0 user, please do install on top of your current build -- that should work just fine.

This release is a security and stability update for 1.0.1 and does not contain significant new features. If you'd like to help us with testing, please look into the areas Jesse mentioned in the previous post, IDN, downloading, the lock icon in the status bar and address bar, autocomplete, XPI installation, the ways web applications can open and manipulate windows. I'm also interested in feedback on extensions, profiles, or any other areas that might be impcated by an upgrade.
(Asa Dotzler)

I'm hearing reports that it's a little faster than the 1.0 build. I haven't installed it yet, so I can't confirm this. So anyway, for anyone who wants to check it out, here it is. :)

Download: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-aviary1.0.1/

Re: Firefox 1.0.1 candidate build

well I installed this and now ff is broken...I can't even get the 1.0 build working!!!!!

I've never had a problem with FF and now I'm screwed and don't know what to do...

It said in the blog that you shouldn't install over a nightly but I didn't have a nightly installed I had regular old 1.0 installed...I'll keep trying things and install again to see if I get it back working at all

EDIT...where is the saved passwords in the app data??? I don't want to lose that cause some of the sites in there I don't remember the passes too!!! I want to delete the content in the appdata so I can try and do a fresh install of FF and start from scratch but I don't want to lose the passwords (I already have my bookmarks saved)

EDIT AGAIN...narrowed it down that something very bad is going on with my profile. I can get FF started with a fresh profile...like in my first edit I really just wanted my bookmarks and passwords...

It works great for me, I can see however that they still didn't do anything with activex. Looks like I will have to use IE to get on my isp site. And not in the process of making this my default browser yet ...

Johnny, I highly doubt Firefox is ever going to support ActiveX.
There is a third-party plugin/extension/addon somewhere that does it, but I haven't ever tried it, so I don't know how it works. After all, IE's still around when I need it. :)

Tuffgong: Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure what the problem could be. In any case, if you want to backup your profile data, here is what each of the files contains:
* bookmarks.html - Bookmarks
* formhistory.dat - Form AutoComplete history
* history.dat - Firefox URL History
* hostperm.1 - Cookie/image/extension-install permissions
* cert8.db - Certificate Database
* signons.txt - Passwords (you also need the next file)
* key3.db - Passwords (you also need the previous file)
* secmod.db - Security Modules Database
* cookies.txt - Cookie settings
* prefs.js and user.js - Saved Preferences

Hope that helps. :)

awesome net...I figured out that the 1.0.1 build wasn't at fault. I was noticing a few some theme problems earlier in the day and think that was my downfall...it just became apparent something was wrong when I went to use 1.01

those files you posted was exactly what I needed to get FF working how I wanted

Cool. Glad you got things sorted out. :)

So its pretty safe to say that this build is the offical?

one thing that i found that ie does that firefox doesnt, is multiple proxy support, like one for each dialup connection and one for the lan. firefox only has one so if i take my laptop to school lets say or anyone i installed firefox they would have change their proxy settings, can it be done like ie?

Downloaded it last night and installed it this morning. I only used it for like 5 min and noticed that when i open a new window the lil green circle or w/e that goes next to the address bar flashes at the top of the window when i open it and then goes away. Nothin big just saying that i noticed that.

themafia.69 said:
one thing that i found that ie does that firefox doesnt, is multiple proxy support, like one for each dialup connection and one for the lan. firefox only has one so if i take my laptop to school lets say or anyone i installed firefox they would have change their proxy settings, can it be done like ie?

actually, ie does not have a function like this, it is the internet options you can set for windows that let u set different proxies. ie just uses whatever you have set in the internet option, and itself has no capability of overriging the proxy setting. in ff, you can also set an auto detect, and it will (should) use the internet options settings from windows. in addition, ff can also override the internet options settings, so it is quite a bit more powerful.

Hope this helps.

Elroy

Final build released
First post has been updated with the details. :)

Just downloaded it. Can someone help me with this. I suspect this error is from something else and not Firefox. I downloaded the new version and when I go to install I get the following

1.) 17% Extracting
2.) 7-Zip Data Error, which instruct me to press OK
3.) I then get "Unspecified Error"

I wish the update part of FF/Tools/Options would do the update.... but it has not worked for a number of releases. At least for me.

I checked my system and see no spyware, viruses and malware, but you never know.

PLEASE HELP.

Sounds like the downloaded package was corrupted. Try redownloading it.

Doing it now for the fourth time. Hope that is the problem.

Did it again. Only this time it extracted to 23% before starting the erorr messages. HELP! I love FF and want to continue using it.

Weird. I downloaded and installed it without a glitch. Open up the link in IE and try downloading the installer through that. It definitely sounds like a corrupted package, but I can't figure out why.

Downloaded and installed...no probs here..working smooth :)

I just turned off Network Tweaks extension and trying the fownload without that on. Maybe that will do it. I will keep you posted. After that I will try IE Yuk!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back