Firefox 1.0.1 Released

Tried with Tweak Network Setting off and then with IE. Same result. I am lost cannot seem to update. Any more ideas? This seems crazy! Never saw such a problem.

Please be careful with the above site, cause I do not want to cause anyone else any problems. I will stay the way I am until I hear form you guys. But please help me cause I am not knowledgable enough to deal with this on my own.

Yes I am going to the right location. I start the download and the my machine does the download. The last one was from

http://trillian.cc.gatedr.edu/pub/mozilla.org/bouncer/firefox.win

I try to run th downlaoded file and I get that 7-zip error again.

Seems everytime I try to downlaod it comes from another location and I do not know if these locations are valid.

Sometimes when trying to download I am informed that the downlaod completed in a matter of 1 or 2 seconds when I know that all old version have been removed. I know this is not possible. This is making me crazy.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP ON ME GUYS!!!!

7-Zip is a compression program, right? What would that have to do with it? Isn't the installation package self-extracting? You could try uninstalling 7-Zip from your computer and then download Firefox again.

vivid_vibe said:
7-Zip is a compression program, right? What would that have to do with it? Isn't the installation package self-extracting? You could try uninstalling 7-Zip from your computer and then download Firefox again.

We seem to be making progress. I do not have 7-zip anything installed. Now I will find it, install it and then properly remove it. I do remember that I downloaded something like that in the past two weeks and due to not working removed it. Guess it may have sneezed during removal. Be back in a little while with more news.

o.k .. I made this my default browser. It looks toooooooooooooooooo sexy to not have as it :) Plus the little tweaks and ends they made to it helped me out .. I added view in ie extensioin incase a page I am viewing won't show ...

Johnny, did you just intall the new version over 1.0? Or did you uninstall the old one, then install 1.0? Just curious, because I was wondering if you can just install over the old one so as not to lose extensions and settings and what not. Thanks.

vivid

Johnny said:
o.k .. I made this my default browser. It looks toooooooooooooooooo sexy to not have as it :) Plus the little tweaks and ends they made to it helped me out .. I added view in ie extensioin incase a page I am viewing won't show ...

you made the right choice!!!

An update on my problem. I still cannot install any programs without the getting the 7-zip error. I installed 7zip and uninstalled with no change. Seems I am stuck with everything as is until I reformat the drive. I do not want to do that now cause everything is running fine. I am not loosing any bandwith, there is no spyware or any other problems, so I will leave it until I must reformat. Thanks guys for the help. Opened a work thingy with Microsoft over this and hope they can help, but I doubt it. THANKS AGIAN! Sorry to have busted into your positive post about FF1.1 I will stick with FF no matter what cause it is the best in my humble opinion.

Pogo said:
Seems everytime I try to downlaod it comes from another location and I do not know if these locations are valid.
That's how it's supposed to be. If you remember, the Mozilla servers used to get hammered everytime a new milestone build was released. This is just a way to spread out the bandwidth among multiple servers. Nothing to worry about. ;)

Johnny said:
Nice. :)

vivid_vibe said:
Johnny, did you just intall the new version over 1.0? Or did you uninstall the old one, then install 1.0? Just curious, because I was wondering if you can just install over the old one so as not to lose extensions and settings and what not. Thanks.
Installing over the existing version works fine, as long as you were using the 1.0 milestone build and not the latest nightlies. All themes, extensions, and other profile settings will be retained.

Pogo said:
An update on my problem. I still cannot install any programs without the getting the 7-zip error.
So this is not specifically related only to the Firefox installer then? Do you encounter the same error if you try to install any other application too? :s

NetRyder said:
Installing over the existing version works fine, as long as you were using the 1.0 milestone build and not the latest nightlies. All themes, extensions, and other profile settings will be retained.

Thanks, buddy. I appreciate that.

might wanna fix the links to the 1.01 download i redownloaded 1.00, pogo has the right link

Installing it over the old version worked great. I noticed that this has "some" activex in it. I have Symantec Client Secutiry installed. When I go this board for example, there is a pop up asking me to let ectivex go threw ..

Also, there is an extension called media player connectivity, it is pretty nice. It will allow you to view streaming media in external programs, things like WMP, Real Player, Quicktime, ect. More info about it can be found below:
Code:
https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=446&os=Windows&application=firefox&version=1.0%2B&go=Go

Downloaded,installed but it says I'm still with 1.0 :speechless:

themafia.69 said:
might wanna fix the links to the 1.01 download i redownloaded 1.00, pogo has the right link
The links Pogo posted are just random mirrors that the Mozilla servers redirect you to when you click the download link on their site. You should get 1.0.1 from the link I posted as well.

Johnny said:
Also, there is an extension called media player connectivity, it is pretty nice. It will allow you to view streaming media in external programs, things like WMP, Real Player, Quicktime, ect. More info about it can be found below:
Code:
https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=446&os=Windows&application=firefox&version=1.0%2B&go=Go
Thanks. Will look into it. :)

Evil Marge said:
Downloaded,installed but it says I'm still with 1.0 :speechless:
According to the site, the US English (en-us) version has been updated to 1.0.1, but the British English one still shows 1.0. Weird.

Man thats sweet news, I'm at Co-op right now, can't wait to get home and download this. Thanks.

NetRyder said:
According to the site, the US English (en-us) version has been updated to 1.0.1, but the British English one still shows 1.0. Weird.
Yeah,someone told me that earlier.I checked the one I installed and I'm definately still with 1.0 so looks like I gotta wait :rolleyes:

Nothin was wrong with the link when i downloaded it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back