[Finished] OSNN, Ivy Worldwide, Microsoft and HP Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OSNN, Ivy Worldwide, Microsoft and HP Giveaway

It's awesome of HP to give away computers on all these different websites. Just as in the previous two (that I'm aware of) HP-blog/forum giveaways, I am excited and hopeful that my longtime dream of having a way cool laptop (as opposed to a sturdy, non-portable desktop) will finally come true. I am sure it will end the same way as before, with my dashed hopes draining like brains bashed out of someone's head in a Quentin Tarantino movie, but I cannot help myself but try. As soon as I receive PMing privileges.

Hooray, it is OSNN competition time again and therefore time for me to come up with a cunning and overly complicated process for you to win some goodies! Not so much this time, it is an easy one, I promise!

But first a quick recap! OSNN is once again proud to be working with Ivy Worldwide, HP, Microsoft and Timbuk2 to bring one lucky OSNN member the following:

For information on the other sites taking part in the competition check out this thread.

I will also posting be posting infrequent updates on Twitter @electronicpunk although Jewelzz is far better at being social than I am. I appreciate the influx of Twitter followers, although our competition will not be going down that path!

So what do you have to do? Five things!

• Become a member of the OSNN community (it is free and you will see less adverts that guests just by completing the sign up process.)
  • Make sure to validate your account! This means providing us with a valid email address; and upon receiving an email clicking the link.
  • Create a single thread, or reply to one so that your post count becomes 1. (This gains you PM abilities) Please be aware that certain posts will need to be moderated and it may take a little while for moderators and or admins to get to your post and mark it.
  • Complete this survey: http://websurvey.burstmedia.com/surveyid1/surveysite.asp?Qhcode=ad10786a&Qhcat=13 (What! Shocking I know, but I need to get demographic data to my advertisers to show them that we don't want white teeth adverts and that we are a tech site.)
  • Send a private message to “OSNN Competition” (PM to osnncompetition ), telling me in a single paragraph how you are going to use the two laptops together and also what the text says on the last survey page before it sends you back to OSNN.
  • Now the OSNN twist... No, just kidding that is all.

The winner will be selected on the 27th August.

Who can enter?

Any email-validated registered user is able to enter this competition other than myself, OSNN staff and my family! With the exception of the following people who have won hardware from OSNN competitions over the last year:

Apologies to those people, but I do want to spread the goodies around and don't want to get any hopes up!

Important information

• Your personal information is not being sold or distributed to any other company and is used solely for communication between OSNN and yourself.
  • No purchase is necessary to participate in this competition.
  • The winner will be notified via private message and/or e-mail. An e-mail reply to confirm the contact details will be requested.
  • The confirmation reply must be sent back in 48 hours otherwise another entry will be selected.
  • If the e-mail address is invalid (e-mail bounces) then another draw will be conducted.
  • Winners can be located anywhere in the world. Due to Customs restrictions and logistical concerns (no small thing, believe me), winners located outside the US will be provided a credit to HPShopping.com for the value of the companion set
  • Because the retail value of this package is below US$1200, US-based winners will not be liable for associated taxes
  • Individuals who’ve won at another site are ineligible to win a second time
Please note that competition rules might be changed during the competition for clarification purposes.
Am amazed that such a good prize pack is available on this site. Live in NZ so I hope that they work here if i win.

EDIT: Never mind. Found my answer! :)

Last edited:

PM's not working for me :/

I hope that my post will also be validated. I really want to win this contest....

One of the things I like about the HP giveaway is that even if I don't win, I get to discover a bunch of new cool sites!

I can't send PMs yet? :(

You can now, you just have to give it time.

PM's not working for me :/

Try it again.

I hope that my post will also be validated. I really want to win this contest....

Good luck!

One of the things I like about the HP giveaway is that even if I don't win, I get to discover a bunch of new cool sites!

Do I know you?

Hey there. I am new to this site. If it weren't for this contest, I would have never known that such a useful site exist. I am a bit of tech dolt. Normally, whenever I encounter some computer problems, I use google. I didn't know where to ask those questions. Use Ask.Yahoo and my questions might be lost due to overwhelming number of questions submitted everyday. Now, I know I have this site to count on. Cheers :laugh:

you say I have to reply somewhere first..... After I've already fileed the survey a few days ago and have managed to forget the text on the last page, and just waited forever for my "activation" to complete. Sheesh! Well, I'll probably have to fill the survey again (suck!).

you say I have to reply somewhere first..... After I've already fileed the survey a few days ago and have managed to forget the text on the last page, and just waited forever for my "activation" to complete. Sheesh! Well, I'll probably have to fill the survey again (suck!).

Sorry, that should have been made more clear. It is an anti-spam mechanism as we have had to deal with people who had created accounts but no posts ending PM's to random people with spam in it. It was for the forums protection and during this contest it is causing quite some issues.

I sure hope I win... I'm off to uni in Feb and it would be really useful to have the Mini to carry around when I don't need much power while still being able to use the dv6 when I'm doing something more resource intensive.

Fingers crossed everyone :)

hope I win:nervous:

Good luck to all:)

I hope I will win this competition... The HP DV6 will greatly improve my productivity in my photo editing and video editing services...

I can't PM you! Help...

Post count this please! I really wanna join in this competition. Craving for a new laptop! :D :D :D

So I am typing my pm via the link provided and I saw that the message is going to me. There is no user ossncompetition?

Am I reading it wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back