OSNN, Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: [finishing] OSNN, Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo giveaway

Tweeted: Twitter / Winston Chang: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

1) What you will do with all the free space you gain using the Lenovo A70z over a conventional PC.

I would use the extra space to place my books and notebooks right on top of my desk rather than on the floor.

2) What you would do make your PC greener? Or how do you currently act in a conservative manner when using or upgrading your PC.

Whenever I use my computer, I always dim the screen as low as possible. And whenever the computer has been idle for 5 minutes, it will automatically goes into sleep mode. That way, I will save some energy and prolong it's life.

Tweeted: Twitter / Michael H: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

1) With all the free space, I can use the space for more study area. Being a student, I need lots of space to spread out my work.

2) I currently act in a conservative manner because I buy products that are considered Green (I.e. less power consumption). I also dim my monitor and set my computer to sleep when I am not using it.

Tweeted: Twitter / G Smith: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...
1. You mean there's a desk under all that junk? Seriously though if I won this it would most likely go to a family member.
2. To make my PC greener I would upgrade it with an 80+ efficient power supply.

Followed and retweeted at: Twitter / Ghaleon: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ... 1) What you will do with all the free space you gain using the Lenovo A70z over a conventional PC. My desk is a crowded mess of wires and paperwork, with no room for any sort of organizer. Cutting down on the space used by my computer/lcd and reducing the excessive wires would give me room to get some of that paperwork into a home of some sort. 2) What you would do make your PC greener? Or how do you currently act in a conservative manner when using or upgrading your PC? I recently decided that I didn't really need a high powered desktop at home anymore, so I replaced it with a laptop, which draws significantly less power. I still have an external LCD hooked up to it at this point, as well as external keyboard and mouse, so there's still room for improvement on the greenness front, as well as cutting down on the space it takes up.

Just retweet.
1) I would use the extra space to put a cactus plant on my desk in order to filter the EM wave.
2) Instead of suspend, I turn-off my computer at lunch break.

I would probably use this on my coffee table, and connect it via wireless HDMI to the television for a media center pc.

I am already very frugal and eco conscience so I am not sure how this computer would further that trend, but It is definitely a lot more energy efficient than the current aging laptop I use for a media center pc.

I tweeted: Twitter / Emily Santos: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

I wouldn't put much stuff on my desk because I want to maintain a clean look.

The last time I upgraded my computer, I used an old hard drive from my previous computer rather than buy a new one, even though that one only had 25 GB memory.

• Reply to this post letting me know:
    1) What you will do with all the free space you gain using the Lenovo A70z over a conventional PC.
  • i would buy me a new printer and have room to do some work.
    2) What you would do make your PC greener? Or how do you currently act in a conservative manner when using or upgrading your PC? i turn my computer off when im not using it and unplug it.

Tweeted: Twitter / Steven Yagozinski: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

The best part about this computer is that I'm tempted to keep the current computer I have in my office (Though it really needs to be replaced) and put this in our kitchen. It's footprint easily would fit the counter and with the wireless built in I don't have to worry that there's no ethernet plug for that room.

It would become more useful for my family, especially for my kids with their school work. Instead of gulping down food to run to the den and work on a school project, they can do both at the same time.

Of course there will be wars to decide which of them gets to use the computer first...

With regards to making my computer greener, I found that getting a network storage device was a good choice. Before getting one I had to leave my computer on so the kids could access the shared directory on my computer. Now I power it down when its not in use, while the server uses less power but still gives access when needed.

Thanks for your contest!

Steve

I tweeted: Twitter / Dan Bailan : The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

I would use the freed-up space to put my drawing supply. Even though I am not really an artist, I do like to draw every once in a while. With them on the table, I probably would draw more frequently.

I use energy saving feature that comes with my windows. And also I unplug the wires when I don't use the electronics.

TWEET

Get a bigger desk to put my crap (aka stuff) in, i can give my rig to my brother who is going to OSU in August!!!!! This would look real nice in its place!

2) What you would do make your PC greener? Or how do you currently act in a conservative manner when using or upgrading your PC?
Currently im running an Antec Earthwatts..im doing some good right?, i should shut the monitor off and even the speakers. Recently i have been putting the pc to sleep while im gone, but i always could just get an AIO pc (*hint hint) and save some juice...

Well...the space I would save would literally mean that I could rest my arms on the desk. Also would like to have a pad of paper and a pencil holder handy to take notes.

All my gently used computers have either been donated to a charity or given to someone who doesn't have or cannot afford a computer. We unplug when the computers are not in use

@patricjames9999

Hmmm,
What will I do with all the space? Have a desktop :) having my 7 year old laptop on my desk makes very little room for any papers to be on the desk as well, with this computer I would be able to do work while using a computer! Although I would have to say mounting this on a wall or something would be pretty sweet. As far as being green, I don't know if thats my initial intention but I set my computer to standby or hibernate when not in use so as not to waste electricity. I rarely ever through any parts away, I either sell them, or recycle them at the local transfer station. So... I guess I am green even though my intentions are originally towards saving money.
Thanks, and I hope I win!,
Jack

Became a member, currently fallowing u @electronicpunk and tweeted about contest HERE.

Questions:
1)With all the free space I will be more organize and productive in my life... the fact that I would be able to hang the monitor of this beauty on the wall in front of my desk would allow me to have all my stuff centralized in one location (my desk), at the moment stuff is everywhere.
2) Honestly, I do nothing to make my PC greener at the moment. If I win this contest then I will donate my desktop to a family member or give it as charity to a non-profit.

Thanks 4 for the opportunity & good luck to ALL :)!

with all the free space i gain i would use i to store more books

2) What you would do make your PC greener? Or how do you currently act in a conservative manner when using or upgrading your PC?

I generally when possible prefer to maintain my existing drive either on its own or as a secondary drive to eliminate waste

Twitter / Diane Bassette: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ... tweeting!

I have my computer in my living room and the
Lenovo A70z would look so sleek and neat in here. I wouldn't have the dinosaur that I have now.

2.)
) What you would do make your PC greener? Or how do you currently act in a conservative manner when using or upgrading your PC?
I shut of my computer when I am done, I turn off the screensaver as well. I think when my computer dies, I will recycle it instead of just throwing it out.

tweet https://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/19338432779

This would actually not save any desktop space for me, my desk is in my room and I would mount this computer in the dining area for household use.

I use power saving settings. I have all my electronics plugged into surge protector power strips and turn them off at the power strip

I retweeted: Twitter / ming: The OSNN, Ivy Worldwide an ...

With all the free space I will put a small TV next to it. So when I'm on the computer I won't have to turn my head everytime to watch TV

I have my PC on sleep-mode to conserve energy while it's not in use

Thanks for all the entries everyone, the competition will be ending soon so if you are holding off for some reason, then best get your entry in now ;)

Re: [finishing] OSNN, Ivy Worldwide and Lenovo giveaway

And the winner is .................. *drum roll*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back