[Finished] OSNN, Buzz Corps and AT&T Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Running] OSNN, BUZZ CORPS and AT&T GIVEAWAY

So wats the stats now??? Any updates EP?? :)

Does it blend?

:smoker:

so I submitted my idea, I guess I'm disqualified since I'm on the team but I would like to see the feature never the less

It is all secret :p

ep has become a corporate bitch :p

I submitted mine also. I think it is the best one yet :p

Gonna end in around 12 hours so if you have been saving your submission until the last moment, now is the time!

I would like to see one manufactured with the original dial where you put your finger in a slot and dial with the clicky thing and a spring that returns and counts out the relay pulses.

This has both a retro feel and is also a readily accessible device for the older generations who moan about the tiny buttons and could never get their brains around a touch screen.

Oh - and all it would do is make and receive calls too - this would be another unique feature that I have heard many people ask for, yet the manufacturers are strangely reluctant to provide!

[edit]OH dear - I think I have put my entry in the wrong place... ah well *sigh* never mind - the prize is, I suppose, a mobile phone which I don't expect I want....[/edit]

And submissions are closed :)

Re: [Closed] OSNN, BUZZ CORPS and AT&T GIVEAWAY

..... hope i win. never win freakin ANYTHING. hardly ever win a free ticket/$1 on a scratch-off. Think i had a fairly nice idea too.

..... hope i win. never win freakin ANYTHING. hardly ever win a free ticket/$1 on a scratch-off. Think i had a fairly nice idea too.

I know the feeling. Those scratch offs are the worse ...

Thanks to everyone that entered and there were many great suggestions that I have spent the evening reviewing.

A popular choice was to expand upon the idea of expanding the idea of slide out keyboards with extra slide out screens or at least give a larger viewing area once that was done. I kept imagining a Nintendo DS type solution or a method integrating the Nokia Aeon Concept we saw some time ago. I think ultimately a phone is something you would still want to be relatively small so I have chosen our winner as Johnny who came up with the following (edited) suggestion:

What I would like to see on the phone is a built in remote to control everything from your home alarm system or lights, to your tv (everything in your home, around your home, that is remote compatible), to starting your car (it would be cool to have it on a timer so it will start your car for you at a certian time, that way it will be warmed up and ready for you as soon as you get into it on a hot summer day or a cold winter day).

The features like that would make it so much more convenient as well help eliminate the influx of things you have to carry at one time or grab.

Think about it. The possibilities are endless. Ahh, sitting there and just clicking a button on the cell phone to function everything that is remote compatible in and around your home (if logitech can do it why can't the cell phone manufactureres ??. Laziness dream come true!

I think perhaps starting your car remotely is perhaps one step too far! Driving it is perhaps two steps - James bond? I love the idea of using my current phone to do more.

I can already use my phone to tell my satellite reciever to record something I want to see, control any PC in my home and I even ocassionally use it to contact people but I still believe it could be used to do far more and it reminds me of those future concept homes where you ring or remote various equipment in your house. Imagine your fridge telling your phone that you need milk? Or other appliances performing similar tasks.

So congratulations once again Johnny and apologies to the others that entered as I have no other prizes this time around! Johnny if you could please PM your name, address, home phone number, email address to myself and/or Jewelzz and we will do what we can to get your prize to you!

I will be leaving the banner on the frontpage for the duration of the contest so if you did miss out this time be sure to check out the other sites in this promotion! Good luck!

Woot! Thank YOU !!! YIPPEEEE !!!!!!!!!!

How about these features.. :nervous:

future-mob.jpg

aha - just clicked the link to see what Johny won. and as expected it was a mobile... Lucky I did not win then, would likely only have used it when my V3i broke! It seems reluctant to do so, despite a drop to tarmac that fracture the outside display casing.

ohh, nice johnny :D

congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back