finding out my MODEMS ip address?

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
are there any software, dos commands or anything that can help me find the IP adress of my modem, by this i dont mean the IP assigned to me by my ISP(NTL:HOME) i want the actual modems IP.

any help appreciated

The brand of modem would help but normal IPs are 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.100.1, 192.168.0.100, or 192.168.1.100

open command prompt and type "ipconfig /all" without the quotes. you will see all you need right there.

the brand of the modem is:
Ambit EuroDOCSIS Cable Modem 60549EU HW_Rev:1.9, SW_Rev:2.40.3225

@ above... using that command tells you information about your connection and assigned IP's it does not have anything in their to do with the modem itsself thanx anyway

are you looking for the external IP address?

If you want to know your external IP address this will show you

[edit]
Read post properly this time, that kind of information should be in the manual, but as j79zlr said it should be one of those
and as Henyman says below me the Support Options part should tell you your Gateway IP address which would be the modem/router

ipconfig /all should tell you, you can also double click the network icon + choose the support tab.

You may not be able to find it if its connected to a router. You would have to bypass the router.

its definetly not in ipconfig.. i have a motorola cable modem and it has an IP that some engineers and advanced users can use to config your modem... if this is accessed on any other modem than motorola then it wont let them on it. but now i got this new flat ntl modem and i need to know its IP so i can enter the config files.

what do you need to configure?

i need access to my modem log files and the ability to change the frequencies and gather some .cm file info. non of this can really be done unless i know this, its used for the cable modem engineers but can be edited by an end-user with enough experience.

what about a software ip scanner? you could have it scan every ip address and it may be able to tell you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back