• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

finding out my MODEMS ip address?

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
are there any software, dos commands or anything that can help me find the IP adress of my modem, by this i dont mean the IP assigned to me by my ISP(NTL:HOME) i want the actual modems IP.

any help appreciated

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
The brand of modem would help but normal IPs are 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.100.1, 192.168.0.100, or 192.168.1.100

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
open command prompt and type "ipconfig /all" without the quotes. you will see all you need right there.

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
the brand of the modem is:
Ambit EuroDOCSIS Cable Modem 60549EU HW_Rev:1.9, SW_Rev:2.40.3225

@ above... using that command tells you information about your connection and assigned IP's it does not have anything in their to do with the modem itsself thanx anyway

are you looking for the external IP address?

If you want to know your external IP address this will show you

[edit]
Read post properly this time, that kind of information should be in the manual, but as j79zlr said it should be one of those
and as Henyman says below me the Support Options part should tell you your Gateway IP address which would be the modem/router

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
its definetly not in ipconfig.. i have a motorola cable modem and it has an IP that some engineers and advanced users can use to config your modem... if this is accessed on any other modem than motorola then it wont let them on it. but now i got this new flat ntl modem and i need to know its IP so i can enter the config files.

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
i need access to my modem log files and the ability to change the frequencies and gather some .cm file info. non of this can really be done unless i know this, its used for the cable modem engineers but can be edited by an end-user with enough experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix