Finally !!!

what I'm saying is you can't hook up any computers on a microfilter, didn't you get some instructions with that thing?

:cool:

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but your dsl modem will come with instructions from the broadband place you get your service from. I suggest you read the instructions, then re-read the instructions, and then re-re-read the instructions.

:cool:

Microfilters go between Phone and Phone Plug in wall. Computer goes to either DSL Modem or Router/Switch. If more than one Computer in room... Still goes to Router/Switch. Look back at illustration I posted.

Microfilters are only for Phone and/or Answering Machines to avoid problems with data transfer.

DO NOT put Microfilter on the line that goes to DSL Modem or Computer or Router/Switch.

Microfilters are used to seperate the frequencies of the internet and the phone, so do I need some microfilters ?

YES! One per phone or answering machine or combination thereof.

Lets put the record straight in uk it is not ADSL or IDSL if you are with NTL or TELEWEST it is broadband through your tv-coax cable not a phone line and TELEWSEST were £25 for 512k which had 64k downloads now i upograded to 1024k(meg)for £35 and get 128k downloads.
Yes sometime i got crazy higher speeds than normal speed with both 512k and 1024k.
Remember your max download is always your actual modem speed divided by 8 as in 56k can get 7k download if v92 modem on a good day 512 can do 64k and 1024k can do 128k.

I am not with either, I am with fairADSL, a proper ADSL company, not TV one !!!

And I finally ordered it, it should come with in max 2 weeks !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back