Finally !!!

I swear, I'm gonna have to start a world tour or something educating computer users about the difference between bits and bytes. After that, I'm gonna go around smacking software developers in the head for encouraging the confusion, and tell them all to stop bloody measuring data rates in bytes or I'll beat the stuffing out of 'em.

Here's a real on from my school, completly undoctored.

Originally posted by ZAnwar
Bloody Hell !!! THAT FAST IN SCHOOL !!!

it's a technical school called SAIT (Souther Alberta Institute of Technology) and they have yummy speeds.

sk8: that is delish :)

I would be VERY, VERY, VERY happy, if I had 2Mbit or over !

I'm currently on 56k modem but I am considering going either with BT for Broadband or with the local cable company. BT are offering the Broadband for quite a good rate with free installation, but them again I could have cable and get rid of BT altogether.

Decisions, decisions!!!!:confused:

NTL:home refused my payment because we had a problem with them before !

now I am definetely going with fairADSL.co.uk, they are quite cheap aswell, £18.99 a month inc VAT !

I wanted to ask 2 questions, can I use 2 computers on 1 micro filter ?

and

Can I use 2 computers on 1 ADSL modem !

I am leaving BT because they keep changing there terms & conditions and are now telling me that I am not allowed to download large files etc or stay on any one page for any length of time. So I have decided to go with the local cable company (Dial-up connection) to start with and if there service is better maybe consider Broadband later this year!

Originally posted by ZAnwar
NTL:home refused my payment because we had a problem with them before !

now I am definetely going with fairADSL.co.uk, they are quite cheap aswell, £18.99 a month inc VAT !

I wanted to ask 2 questions, can I use 2 computers on 1 micro filter ?

and

Can I use 2 computers on 1 ADSL modem !

the second question yes you can, you'll either have to buy a cable/dsl router, or use ICS. I much prefer the router method myself, but just a matter of chioce really.

:cool:

Are u sure Iceman, because if I can use more than 1 computer on 1 ADSL modem, can I use 3 computers on 1 modem then ?

Because from what I have heard, A ADSL modem can only take 1 computer ?

yes the modem itself can only take one computer, however, a router will allow u to hook up to 200 something computers to one modem, trust me I'm typing this, using a cisco dsl modem, behind Linksys dsl router with 7 other computers hooked up, no probs.

The modem is used only to connect to the ISP, it is not capable of sending information to more than one computer, however, if the information is sent to the router it is able to forward the information to the correct computer.

He's an illustration of what Iceman said to ya ZAnwar:

network.gif

If you're just gonna connect 2 computers to the line, internet connection sharing will do the trick. You just need to buy a second Network card.
Use both a router, and one computer is sharing its connection with another here. We got a 704/128 ADSL line, 3 computers sharing it, works great. And the best part is it's free :)
But I still looking forward going back to my school-connection, with a 155 MBit backbone to UNINET. Sweet stuff :D

Thanks, Gonaads.

Yeah andyp, I have got 3 computers in my house, I will get an ADSL modem and a 4 port router and see what happens.

Thanks Anyway u 2 !

Do I need more than 1 microfilter in a room, if I have got more than 1 computer in a room ?

the microfilter gets hooked to the phones not the computers, if u run the filter on the line going to the computers they won't work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back