Finally !!!

i wish i had it too :D
i doubt many ppl in england will have it dude, but it will be intresting to see who does ;) i know the local LAN center has a 2mb ADSL line and a wireless LAN connected to it. and they are only on the other side of the road from my house :D,

look on here www.adslguie.org and goto the compair prices page, i have told u b4. 2meg is going to be roughly 4 times more than a normal one.

ZAnwar - you'll love the 512k connection.

I moved house recently & got a cable modem from NTL straight away in the new flat. I'm only paying for the 128k service (roughly £25 per month, but that includes line rental on the cable telephone too), although they do offer faster packages at higher prices. (NTL lend you a cable modem for free by-the-way, and you can connect it via USB or ethernet). The only thing about NTL is that I think they're so overstretched for cash at the moment that they only seem to employ about 3 people in their call centres - expect ages on hold listening to elevator musak if you need to ring them!!!

I think many of us will always crave more bandwith than we have (and more RAM, higher clockspeeds etc. etc..!) - but after hobbling along on dial-up, you'll really notice the difference with a faster, always-on connection.

Enjoy!!

i am downloading a 421 MB file right now at 59.0 kbps

Brad

I have a Shaw High SPeed internet connection. They clain I can get speeds 100 times faster than a 28.8 KB modem!

Which translates to about 3 MB hehe I get 500 KB/s from a good server :D

EP, is that your gal in your sig??? SHEEEEEEE-IT!!! Nice, dude....:D

Originally posted by o_87
I have a Shaw High Speed internet connection. They clain I can get speeds 100 times faster than a 28.8 KB modem!

Which translates to about 3 MB hehe I get 500 KB/s from a good server :D

Same city, same service :)
Definatly worth it. mmmm downloads so sweet

Canada's probably the best for Internet services.

Might move there 2nite :D

Flipping Hell, even getting 512k, I am still ashamed of my speed !!!

What site are you using to benchmark you speed shoulin? i don't think that i have seen it before.

I would ask that question to Jdstuhler ???

4Mbit, FU***NG HELL !!!

Mmmmmm

i think that this messed up a little, but i sooo want it to be real :)

Don't listen to them ... 512Kb is good broadband, especially in the UK. Be lucky to have it, and pity the poor buggers still struggling with dial-up. We Americans patting our unlimited megabit and higher connections may not be doing so for much longer -- US ISPs are overselling, capping, and tiering left and right these days.

When @Home folded, I went from a 3Mb+ connection to a 1.5Mb connection overnight. I can definitely tell the difference, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Where I hope to be relocating soon (out in rural Australia), I'll likely wind up paying the equivalent of US$50/mo for 256Kb of metered ADSL. Ugh.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back