• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Finally !!!

Z

ZAnwar

Finally I am getting DSL (512k) quite cheap aswell, £23 or 1Mbit for £40 but I went for the £23 one !!!!!

YES !!!!!!!

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Hey ZAnwar, go for the 1Mbit for £40 line. Yeah I know it costs more, but you're gonna be disapointed with the 512k line. Trust me :D

Z

ZAnwar

I can't afford £40 a month !
( I am 14 years old so I ain't gonna pay for it anyway !!! )

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
Remember distance is key. How close is yer Uncle to Company in relation to the distance you are to them?

Z

ZAnwar

We both live in Aylesbury, my uncle uses NTL but I will use Nildram which is about 1/2 a mile away from me. ( In the same town ! )

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by catch23
512k isn't as fast as you think it is...
Naturally being postitive :p
I have downloaded at 60kb/sec on 512

And if you are only downloading at 50kb/sec that gives you the rest of your available bandwidth to surf...

B

BlackEyedAngel

hey zanwar, 512 is great. at least games are actually playable now! :D :D mmmm... counter strike...

and i get downloads of 80kb/s quite often. 60 is about normal for me. which is bloody fast frankly, compared to a 'normal' 56k dial up.

surge

OSNN Senior Addict
Zanwar
downloads will be no more than 60 kbs on a 512 line,
but enjoy your new connection who ever your ISP is :D
ADSL isent allways as good as ppl make it out to be, jsut wate until you start having problems. lol
if you need more info on ADSL goto www.adslguide.org and select your isp forum there.

surge

OSNN Senior Addict
no iam not saying that at all , its jsut that ADSL in the uk is not all what every one expect its to be, some times there are lots of problems with it becasue all the ISPs are money Grabbing fat cats and only care about how many ppl they can take money from and dont care about the serviace they provided
and yeah i wish i did have a 5mg sec connection

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies