Films Flicker

LocKStocK

Smokin & Jokin
Whenever I try and watch films on my puter,
the picture flickers like mad and the screen goes a bit mad aswell.
This only happens on some films....
These are .avi files and realplayer files by the way....
Could this be a problem with codecs????

Someones gotta help me:D !!!!!

See it this will do anything>
Remove Interference in Movie Files

If you have any AVI files that you saved in Windows 9x, they might have interference when opened in Windows XP. Fortunately, there is an easy fix to get rid of the interference:
1. Open Windows Movie Maker.
2. Click View and then Options.
3. Uncheck Automatically create clips.
Now, import the movie file that has interference and drag it onto the timeline. Then save the movie. During the re-rendering, the interference will be removed.

For the .avi files, is it only for certain codecs? When playing a movie, open task manager and check the Performance tab. If it's maxing out, that probably means that there's a codec/config problem somewhere and your computer can't keep up. Also, try playing the file through Media Player 6.4 (C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe or perhaps C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\mplayer2.exe (wee, found a MP 5.1!))

Hey yea!
The CPU is going absolutely crazy:huh:
Anything I can do about this so I can go on using WMP9?

Spec:

AMD Thunderbird 1.2
512mb RAM pc2100
Asus A7V8X
Onboard Gigabit LAN & ac' 97 sound
Zoom v.92 Modem

try a different player. i like windvd or power dvd. also, make sure you have the correct codes installed (audio and video). there are proggies that auto check which codecs you need - googlize it.

well the pc is up to spec, make sure there isnt a lot of stuff running in the background using resources up. update your codecs as well as lowering cpu usage during decode is always an issue with older chips like the t-bird.

try the new k-lite codec pack and see if it helps, also run diskeeper to defrag your hard drive, always helps.

kazaa lite codec pack.

I find that the good ol' Windows Media Player 6.4 is the best for playing video files. It doesn't have all the extra fancy skins and neat little features that MP 7, 8, and 9 have, but it does the job and it does it well. I've noticed that several times MP 6.4 will use the codecs that I install while MP 8 will just sit there and try to download unnecessary codecs that it can't get anyway. Try playing your files in MP 6.4 and check processor usage.
Also try checking to see if you have a filter program running in the background. I remember running fddshow or somethin like that a while back with some bad settings and it really lagged the CPU (postprocessing mixed with other stuff).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back