Fileplanet What do you think ?

Ezergeezer

OSNN Addict
Hmm Fileplanet, what is it with site, alright I know theres no such thing as a free ride, but when I have to update some of my favourite games I always seem to get directed to Fileplanet and what a surprise, huge cues and long waits, and the so called
"personel Servers" are empty, hmm would you believe it huh!

And also every download site is American if this site is so popular(or not)why is'nt there a UK Fileplanet Server.

I hate this site most of the time. I seem to end up going in circles

I used to go there a lot more than I do now

but they DO have all the patches and fixes it seems... all in one place and do have decent reviews too..

also it is a good idea to put queueing system in place so as to avoid crashing their servers... and getting personal servers is a good way to make some money to keep the place going...

not a bad place... not the greatest to get immediate files but not a bad place...

I am a registered user of Gamespy Arcade, so if there is a small chance that I don't get my HL / CS update before it is released or as soon as it is, Gamespy Arcade will update me..

I f I had a rediculous connection I would go with Personal server, get the files I wanted instantly... would be cool

Think about the amount of cash it takes to runa big site like that, I hardly visit it anymore..

Originally posted by Ezergeezer
Hmm Fileplanet, what is it with site, alright I know theres no such thing as a free ride, but when I have to update some of my favourite games I always seem to get directed to Fileplanet and what a surprise, huge cues and long waits, and the so called
"personel Servers" are empty, hmm would you believe it huh!

And also every download site is American if this site is so popular(or not)why is'nt there a UK Fileplanet Server.

you don't have to go through gayspy or sh!tPlanet...go to or go to a fans site.

Link removed...warez

First point, before the queueing system, if you went to fileplanet on a release day for a demo/patch you would just get the "server is at maximum users" message. THen it was basically a race as to who had the most patience to sit there and continually hit refresh. Those with slower connections basically lost the battle.

Once in a while I end up at fileplanet. I have never waited equal to or more than the time it originally showed. In a technical sense the queueing system is wonderful. Creative has adopted this system too. As more and more servers are deluged with download requests I can forsee more and more systems like this springing up.

I am sorry that there are people out there that cannot handle not having everything "at that second". Maybe I just built up my patience from my BBS days connecting at 2400 baud. <shrug>
Fast conveinence....ugh.

heh...

normally there are sufficient number of mirrors around... but the thing with fileplanet is I can leave myself in queue... start dl from some place else... get to top of queue @ flieplanet and finish dl before my original dl is half way... I like that aspect...

but not all mirrors ARE slow therefore it is a matter of choise i suppose..

I have no probs with dling my stuff... I normally do get my stuff prtty quick... just have to look around online to links... :)

why did you remove www.filemirrors.com ?
that site is not warez. It's what is says..if it is warez site then I don't think Getright will depend on it...buy glasses.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back