Filenames in Different Language ( unable to view )

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right catagory but hopefully I'm on target;

I recently downloaded (legal) an mp3 album of what I'm assuming is a live and rare recording of a band I enjoy from 1987. The problem with this being is that the mp3s were encoded and named ( including ID3 tags ) on a computer that was running a version of Russian Edition Windows - and I can't read any of it!

The file system recognizes the files as nonsense - is there a way for me to force windows to correctly display the cyrillic characters?

help.jpg

Thanks so much!

I think you have to install the Russian language support from the XP CD. I think thats how you would do it. I know its possible to have russian character support in an english language version of windows, my dads office laptop does it.

Thanks Geffy, I seem to have installed Russian fonts and enabled recognition somewhere - but it's not doing too much!

Anyone else please?

What about adding Russian to the Regional and Languange Options under the control panel?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back