file transfer program?

Kush

High On Life!
hey guys i have a friend that has a file that i need to get from him and the file transfer in msn messenger isnt working. ive tried terapod extension for msn but still. is there any program that will let me connect to him directly ( no kazaa, etc) and will be able to resume if disconnected? yes i know ftp but thats the last resort. i guess i will have to setup an ftp on his pc.:confused:

btw

btw i forgot to say the file is 600mb so if there is any limit on the program.

i know

duh file transport protocol is ftp.:blink: thats what i think im ganna have to look at i already know how to do that but my friend isnt very computer savy and my remote assistance isnt working so i cant do i for him!

no u dont undrestand

noooo! hahahaha a he has the file i want, so i would have to guide him through it! hahaha, ohh well thats what ill do.:)

Desktop HTTP Server

There is a HTTP server program that I used called "Sambar Server 4.6" that will do exactly what your want without FTP. This program can use HTTP or FTP protocol. It's not very fast but works fine. Do a search on google. I did transfer a McCartney album to canada using this, but it took quite awhile (that was 530mb's). It's worth a try!

Have him burn it and mail it. You talked about getting disconnected, so you are on dial up (mabey). It probably would be just as fast by mail or driving. Just my 2cents;)

Have you tried other IM programs such as Yahoo or ICQ Lite?

im pretty certain that msn has a limit of around 20mb and just gives you a message that its failed i know cuz i was giving a game demo to my mate but it makes sense for msn to do this cuz im sure that the file transfers through them

Setup an ftp server on your computer. Make a folder with write permission. Send him a link to that folder ( ftp://127.0.0.1/folder/ ). Let him open the link in Internet Explorer and tell him to drag and drop the file onto that ftp folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back