• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

File transfer in Messenger

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
I'm using Windows Messenger 4.7 and whenever I try to transfer a file larger than 1mb or so it transfers 99.9% then I get the following error. Anything small goes through just fine. I am on comcast cable. Any suggestions or should i actually contact the cable company?

-----

We could not send this file because the connection is blocked. Please contact your network administrator or Internet service provider; they may be able to enable file transfers.

Codasmd

Old School XPeriencer
There is a file size limit with msn mess.

I've tried to send a few mp3's and it will fail if over something like 2MB.

Forget the exact size limit...but I'm pretty sure its there.

R

rotjong

What version of MSN Messenger has this limit? I've used all the Windows Messenger 4.x versions and MSN Messenger 6.x and had no problems sending 10+ meg files between myself and others.

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
I have sent 600+meg files through Windows Messenger with no problem. Now that I have a router, big problem.

Heeter

Mubbers

Shoot!
Political User
I've transfered upto 10 MB on MSNM (currently using 6) and had no prob's.

Even on DSL I've seen that kind of problem before - it mainly occurs when the transfer rates are low (heavy net traffic?) and the whole thing just seems to lose interest - perhaps the file gets corrupted.

I'd take a note of the tx rate when things go wrong , see if there is a correlation.

Mubbers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies