File still stuck on my computer

Ded Morozh

I don't DISlike you...
I downloaded a zipfile, that had an "extra" program I knew to have a trojan in it, so i deleted the file. now when AVG runs, it keeps picking the file up in the "recycler" here

C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1844237615-343818398-839522115-1005\DC3.ZIP:\start.exe Trojan horse Dropper.Bridge.A

and is'nt able to get rid of it and I can't seem to find the file myself, also I'm not handy with the commandline and can't make the bugger go away. Any helpful hints or what not?

nope, recycler always exists, even without norton. i think i got it now. i had sysemt files hidden, unchecked that and now i'm running another scan

Same problem except it in the restore dir>
AVG finds it but when you a complete scan no luck????

jdn,
Open up My computer, click Tools > Folder Options > View tab. Make sure you're set to View Hidden Files or Folders and that there isn't a check next to Hide Protected Operating System Files and you might be able to find it. I dunno about messing with System Restore though. I don't bother with that, I have a copy of Norton Ghost that I use and then uninstall, so all my "restoring" is from backup cds

I've also found that deleting thru the explorer view in nero works.

As far as crap backed up in the Restore files, you need to turn system restore off, reboot, and defrag. I'd also recommend adaware/spybot at this time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back