File sharing

V

vdubVR6

Okay heres the situation = )

I got

1 pc running win2kpro
2 pc running XPpro

I am sharing a Folder for Video on the XP box so that the other (2k) doesnt have to eat up to many resourses(not a large HDD on 2K box), so I was wondering if there is anyway that I could ration off my Folder so that it only used a certain amount of disk space, so that I don't have to worry about the other users cluster fuc#I#% my HDD. Or if it were possiable for them to only use say 2gb of space instead of my whole drive.

:D thx all

both systems should have a option to set quota's for usage. I don't remember where is at the moment but if I figure where I'll post it if nobody else as. Ok on the drive that u have shared right click go down to properties and then over the quota tab then enable it and then u should be able to allow how much is used.

yes i have the quota limit enabled now, but it still registers the whole drive when you look at the properties,a) is this just to let you know how big the drive is, b)and that they will be restricted to use only the amount given or, do i have a setting wrong...!!
and by the way i am only using a file on my main drive not a seperate drive all together. i want to have a "folder" on my drive to use only a certain amount of space.

well that sounds right is far as the quota goes. As to how to get a folder to do what u want, I'm not sure. I wish I could have been more help.

its all good, so far, now im a step ahead of what i was earlier so that's cool with me, ya know

thx = )

:D thx for all the input guy's, I got everything rolling the way I want it to now. One more question, Does anyone know if there is a way to get the orginal XP theme back(luna) not a skin from Stardock/StyleXP, the actual original XP them from the cd. For some reason I only have the Windows Clasic or Clasic XP = (

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back