File sharing and the RIAA

P

powelly

Business Software Alliance and the Recording Industry Association of America, among others, that "illegal audio, video and software copyrighted materials has been detected on its computers".

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/30043.html

How does the BSA & RIAA "detect" files on your pc? by doing this are they themselves commiting an offence under the computer misuse act?

Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC) has warned employees that they face "counselling" or even the sack if they are found to be using the firm's network to download and store illegally-held copyright material.

counselling whats that interrogation hahaha...tell us where them divx movies are or your family is history:D

How does the BSA & RIAA "detect" files on your pc? by doing this are they themselves commiting an offence under the computer misuse act?

well when you share files. they get hold of your ip address which is straighforward procedure. then they browse your files (which is a built in feature to kazaa and other popular p2p apps) then they make a list of the files you are sharing then they write a nice letter to your isp or company with all the information.:) easy peezy:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back