• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

File sharing "Access Denied"

cr3434

OSNN Junior Addict
I recently attempted to set up a wireless network equipped with file sharing for my two home laptop computers. I can get the one with XP Pro to access the one with XP Home, but not the other way around. I can see the shared files from the "home", but when I click on them, I get the "you might not have permission to access this network resource...access denied". I've tried everything I could think of, all to no avail. Does anyone have any pointers? Thanks.

cr3434

OSNN Junior Addict
Thanks for the tip. I seem to be making progress. Using your info, I can now see the folders and their contents from the "home" unit, but now I can't actually open any of the files. Access denied once again. I'm thinking I have my sharing permissions set up incorrectly. I'm always open to further advice if you have any. I'll get it working eventually. Thanks again!

cr3434

OSNN Junior Addict
It was unabled. I'm not sure how it happened, but it's enabled now. My other computer is shut down, but I'll check it out tomorrow and re-post. I have a feeling it will work now. Thanks again.

Brad

Political User
If this works for me, I will forever be indebted to you (and when I am forever indebted to someone, I rep them!)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown