File Serve HD space....

How much HD space is on your FileServer?

• More than 900 GB

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 500 - 900 GB

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 200 - 500 GB

• Less than 200 GB

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • FileServer, what FileServer? Does printserver count?

• Total voters

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
I just ordered four 350GB Seagates to upgrade the fileserver with RAID5 storage of almost a terrabyte (you need to do this if you are sharing with Lord :p)

Anyway - thought I would start a poll / thread to see what sort of HD space folks here like to have on their servers (please do not post about your desktops etc)

Little over 200 GB. Would like more but low on money.

I have a 1TB setup in my server - 250x4 - works like a treat ;)

As long as I manage my data effectively as in killing stale records (I house backups for clients for a nice fee ;) ) I can stay within my space limits. I also archive some on DVD and store offsite in safety deposit boxes, for more fees :lick:

Derek - wasn't yours a commercial disk array thinger rather than a file server? I seem to remember a thread on that, so why not remind me?

I have a Buffalo TeraStation, but that is seperate for my own personal use and is offline. The file server itself is on the net and protected.

I love to blow money :smoker:

oh and Lord - please do not vote here, I already did so for our fileserver (and decided it came into the over 900 category, even though we effectively split it in half - since it is now going to be pwned by me with the expenditure I put in for the HD's)

I guess if you already did it is too late - but I have a feeling the other one is from Derek since he posted on it also....

not voted, unless you want me to vote for the coreix 4.5 TB fileserver :D

Does mirrored count as two?

I have 2x120gig (mirrored), and 2x160gig (mirrored), 2x80gig (Mirrored)

Heeter

About 600gb, ish! :p

I might add that is spread over 6 main file servers at 6 different offices, together with another 2 application servers, exchange server and PMS server in the main office.

I actually ordered another 250 gig hd... plus the 600 gigs in the one beast. not to mention the other system with a total of 500 gigs in it and the paultry laptop with a mere 60 gigs...

i remember when 1gb was seem as enormous and a total waste of space, who could possibly ever use that much HD space haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back