File Recovery Software

N

Nocturial

Hi,

I'm having great difficulty finding a free file recovery program. I work for the biggest UK metal/rock webzine - MetalUK.com (www.metaluk.com) and recently did a phone interview which was composed of two sound files. During my daily computer cleanout, I accidently deleted those two files and I'm still punishing myself for it!.

I have tried loads of file recovery programs but every single one either has that - you can find your files but can't recover them unless you buy this for ridiculous amounts of money! - thing or the - this demo version can only recover 64k - thing.

I really can't afford to dish out on a file recovery program - so I'm asking for any help anybody can give me on this one. Is there a good free one that will recover files of any size for me? . The files are I think over 40-50mb each and very important.

It's really stressing me out, so anybody who can help would be completely appreciated.

Cheers.

Can't help with the program but stop using the computer, leave it on & alone. The more you use it the less likelyhood of recovery. :eek:

get a copy of Lost and Found. it's probably under 50 dollars and will do the job in most situations.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I managed to pick up a copy of Norton's SystemWorks 2002 for £69.99 but once again...problem strikes!. The UnErase part of the program doesn't seem to be working. A message comes up saying 'could not make communication link with UnErase service'. I have uninstalled the program, reinstalled it, checked the service, set it to automatic, manual etc.

Any ideas anyone? .

Thanks Gajef!!. I managed to recover one of my lost files and it's working great. The other one showed up in the search but I've copied it to my hard drive and it seems to be corrupted, so that's a shame but it's more than I had last night!.

Cheers for your link, great program.

try easy recovery - i used that to recover my uni project after i accidentally reformatted the drive it woz on Doh!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back