File needed to install Video drivers

• Thread starter NotBold_Fortune
  • Start date
N

NotBold_Fortune

I was wondering if anyone knew which file or files are needed to install video drivers.

I deleted something I shouldn't have...actually, I saved what I deleted, so I have the file. I just don't know which one I need to put back.

Let me explain the symptoms. If I go into safemode, the screen looks all fuzzy and off-colored, like I need to degauss my monitor.

And I can't update my video drivers. When I try to update from nVidia I get an installation error. When try to update the drivers from Windows Update it fails to install.

I would delete all your existing video drives, as in deleting your video card in device manager, and letting windows find the card itself, then you can install drivers ok, i would say.

Thanks, I tried that. It made everything worse. Even my desktop got weird, and Windows didn't find the driver. I had to re-install to get back to my drive image.

I need to know the files names or do a complete re-install.

Do you think doing a Windows recovery install may help?

hmm,maybe a complete reinstall of windows could be the only way to get round the problem.

I'm not into fixing application problems. If something goes wrong, I back up files, and reinstall windows XP. That fixes everything for me :) There is most likely a better soultion though. I suggest someone moves this thread into an appropriate topic. That may more help will be found.

Hi Bold :D

I want you to say this to yourself before you go to sleep tonight

dll's are good, I must stop deleting dll's
hypnoeyes[1].gif

;)

Originally posted by NotBold_Fortune
on another site

Then this morning in in Disk Cleanup I set it to compress files not accessed in 7 days. 325 dlls in system32 showed up in blue (compressed), so I deleted them...(Actually, I deleted and saved them...I'm only a little stupid.)

I even deleted 80 unused drivers in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers. And all the compressed files in C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS and its sub-folders.

banghead[1].gif

Deleting DLLs is very bad. Like putting a blindfold on someone really stupid. They can still hear you, but they won't do the right task..

( lol what a bad association )

since you have all the folders, just reinstall all folders in question, and delete one at a time

"dll's are good, I must stop deleting dll's "

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

And what fun would that be? :p

LOL

Bold you could write a book

1,001 ways to break XP

:p :p :p

"dll's are good, I must stop deleting dll's "

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

And what fun would that be? :p

bold is the kind of guy that loves to hit his thumb with a hammer, cuz it feels so good when he stops...hehe

great to see you buddy...
jumping.gif

Yeah, but someday...

Just wait until I get XP down to 300MB, with just 200 system files doing the work, and this old machine out-performs the supercharged systems of today.

You'll all be coming to me, saying, "Bold, please tell me which files to delete."

They laughed at Columbus. They laughed at that deaf composer guy. They laughed at Martha Stewart....well, yeah.

Anyway, the day shall come for my ticker-tape parade. :)

hahahahhahhaa

Yeah, but someday...

Just wait until I get XP down to 300MB, with just 200 system files doing the work, and this old machine out-performs the supercharged systems of today.

You'll all be coming to me, saying, "Bold, please tell me which files to delete."

They laughed at Columbus. They laughed at that deaf composer guy. They laughed at Martha Stewart....well, yeah.

Anyway, the day shall come for my ticker-tape parade. :)

YOU SHOW UM EH BUDDY !!! lol :D

bold...I just have fun with you...you knwo that...I learn quite a bit from your deleting files posts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back