File in use. Delete it?

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hmm,

I am trying to delete this file but it says that it's in use. I know I can just restart my computer and than it won't be in use. However, is there a way i can find out what application the file is being used for, than kill it? Or maybe just terminate all access to the file, so I can delete it?

Just wondering... I hate logging off/on or restarting :rolleyes:

-lieb39

there SHOULD be a way... (There is on mainframes!) because the application has to know and place an enqueue... However I am not sure how MicroSfot may have implemented this and if it is BIOS level - they surely have NOT made it easy, as it should be - should be able to simply tell you when it says "file in use" - why not suggest this to MS? Along with many more obvious improvements.... Seriously, you'll probably have to run a little prog against the file to find out, and I do not know of one - but shall monitor thread as it's something I'd quite like to know too.

stop explorer.exe running
delete it.
new task = explorer.exe

I just use a program like winamp to browse to the file and delete it that way :/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back