File Download warning from network

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

Everytime I download something from my File Server into this computer, I get a warning screen (attached). How do I get rid of this warning popup? It only started doing this when I reinstalled XpHome into this computer yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

Attachments

• File Download.JPG
    File Download.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 70
i believe that is a security feature of SP1 for Windows XP

i've never had that one a networked drive before though

There are settings for internet and LAN under security. You can put the server in the trusted zone then when you get the popup the check box should not be grayed out and you can tell it not to ask anymore, or just tell security to ignore file transfers from the FTP.

The warnings are a good thing, even from your file server. Didn't you have a bunch of spyware, nasties, etc the other day...........

Hi J79ZLR, LeeJend

That Hijack log was from my friends computer. Good memory, J.

Before the reinstall of XPhome last night, I never had such a warning popup during transfer of files/folders from the Server.

I would still like to know how to disable this popup. That checkmark is greyed out.

Heeter

Is it a service that I could disable?

Heeter

Hi Guys,

Well, I figured out why I am getting this popup. When I was in the Drive-Mapping properties, I was choosing the drives from "My Network Places" instead of choosing them from the "Microsoft Windows Network". I have since disconnected them, and re-mapped them by choosing them from within my in-home network. It was actually Aussie's post that got my thinking about how I mapped them.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back