[Feedback Wanted] Proposed Frontpage Changes

Which font(s) out of the five do you like? You may pick more than one.

• Font #1

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Font #2

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Font #3

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Font #4

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Font #5

• None. Go back to the old font!

• Total voters
heh, you're right I didnt think about that. Well, if we make the font size smaller we can make fun of you :p

Ok, how about a seperate style named "small fonts" or something like that?
I can see fine, I just like to think of others when making decisions such as this one.

Besides, aren't ridiculously huge fonts all the rage at the minute? :D

I can see fine, I just like to think of others when making decisions such as this one.

Besides, aren't ridiculously huge fonts all the rage at the minute? :D

Others? What others? :rolleyes:

But seriously I understand that, but at the same time for those of us who run in higher resolutions (1600x1200+, 1680x1050+) Its actually hard to read due to its large size. The font kerning is to high based on the font size it makes kinda hard to keep track of where you are reading. I have lost my place several times, especially when reading longer articles with several lines.

I like where the design is going, but I think we might need a couple versions to satisfy a larger group of people. Like I said in my previous post, I think a seperate style for smaller fonts would be awesome and it would not be that hard to impliment.

:)

I'm sure some CSS jiggery can be implemented, if only for accessibility reasons, to make the fonts larger/smaller on demand (along with some cookie magic to make preferences stick).

I'm sure some CSS jiggery can be implemented, if only for accessibility reasons, to make the fonts larger/smaller on demand (along with some cookie magic to make preferences stick).

Most browsers have this awesome feature where if you click the ctrl key and then scroll the scroll wheel, the font size changes.

Then if we do the right thing, and move to 1em as a unit of measure to go from, he can set his standard font size in his web browser preferences, and then all font's will scale according.

Most browsers have this awesome feature where if you click the ctrl key and then scroll the scroll wheel, the font size changes.

Then if we do the right thing, and move to 1em as a unit of measure to go from, he can set his standard font size in his web browser preferences, and then all font's will scale according.
Nutty how stuff like that works!

The home page's style could use some extra transparency though, something like Vista's taskbar when aero is fully activated...

Ok so another thing to address and will also see what will work better from my previous post.

attachment.php

Got size 11 and 12 fonts there with icons, wanna tart those up as much as posible really, currently IE6/XP icons time to update them I guess ;)

Don't like my icons at all :p

Indeed that's true, however, not everyone knows how to do that.

Totally agree with the usage of 'em' sizing units though.

So how long till we get to see those other changes go live?

So how long till we get to see those other changes go live?
Haha. I wish you could see the thread in the mod forum about it.
I think it'll be happening soon. Someone just needs to take EP's Xbox 360 away. :lick:

He's alive! he's alive!

Doooh! damn, he's gone... again. :s

Haha. I wish you could see the thread in the mod forum about it.
I think it'll be happening soon. Someone just needs to take EP's Xbox 360 away. :lick:

Haha, little late on posting but I was guessing after you said that he was playing Gears of War :p Awesome game though, cant blame him.

We can just pretend this is EP's Xbox

360_inside1.jpg

Yay! :) Glad to see the changes go live, it looks very nice and clean. I think maybe we need a darker theme again though. I really miss Ekko, or whatever it was called.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back