fed up with XP

X

xaz

I used to have a basic pc with windows2000 and i was happy with it. Now i thought i to go up with technology so i aquired PackardBell Imedia 2.00 Gb windows XP cost me over a grand. I am realy disappointed now, it takes a long time to switch on and even longer to swich it off. When it makes error , it ask me do you want to send enquiry about the error, then i say yes, no reply comes to me.
Please can somebody tell me whether i can delete XP Home edition from my pc and install windows 2000. Cheers:(

Sorry to hear about the issues you have xaz with your new system. You can send error reports to MS but you will never hear back from them. Instead of giving up on XP why not try tweaking it a bit & see how you go. For starters what happens at startup that it takes a long time? :confused:

to star with , my starting time is 2min and 40sec bearing in mind i have norton antivisus and pass word:( Xazy

Can you list some of the stats of the computer that you are running XP on? such as the processor and the amount of RAM that you have. also, if it is taking 2 minutes and 40 seconds, it sounds like you have more starting up in the background than you think you do. Go to the start menu and then to run. type in "msconfig" (without the quotes) and then click the startup tab. those are all of the programs and services that come up when you enter XP. Some of those services are necessary, others you can probably turn off. If you have a large number of services, go to http://www.blkviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm for a great tutorial about services and which ones you may be able to turn off.

Brad

have you tried bootvis yet ?

try the suggestions in this guide

http://www.xp-erience.org/articles.php?action=show&id=16

cool.gif

there is no proper way 2000 ahould load faster then xp, even with no tweaking at all...there are other issues, I would return this box

well I would agree with dealer, soon as I seen Packard Bell, I would have ran as far away as I could.

cool.gif

my xp pro machine takes bout 40 sec to startup im running nav2002 nis 2002 shutdowns a killer thought at 2 mins but tweaked it to 20 secs. xaz XP is a great os but have to admit it needs a fair bit of tweaking to reach its potential.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back