February Desktops - Post Them Here

• Thread starter PseudoKiller
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Update with interface

This is my desktop with my first interface overlay templet. Not the best in the world but a start. Let me know what you think! :)

Normally 1600X1024, image has been resized.

Ultra stripped this month.

whatever....
the host might be down so the pic wont show up...
25febsmall.JPG

1280x1024

Wow, really nice desktop andy!

Is that sopposed to be christina A ?

How to make a active desktop interface

Well, I have been getting quite a few requests on how I did my templet so .... alright I will share my secrect and maybe someone will come up with a better way to implement it.

First, take a screen shot of your desktop and put it in photoshop (or any other photo editing program). with a transparent background by opening a new image, make the size the same as your desktop and selecting transparent as the background, then paste your screen shot into it.

Next, create a new layer (because we selected transparent as the background your new layer is transparent also), now select the background and lock the background layer.

Then, reselect the new layer and simply draw the design for the templet, add color, and effects to get the patteren, colors and lighting that you want.

Now, go back and select the background layer again and unlock it, right click on it and delete it. Now all you have left is your templet with a transparent background.

Now save the image (which is your templet) as a .gif file to preserve the transparency.

Ok, now open the background you want to use for you desktop (you might want to make a copy of your background just incase) and make sure that the image size is the same as the viewable screen size.

So now you have your background open and your templet open. Zoom out of both pictures so you can see both on the screen at the same time. Select the window with the templet, and choose the mover tool. (Usually the right one of the first 2 tools). Now click on your templet and drag it to your background. Move it into the same position that you had it on your other image.

Then under "Image" select "merge visable", now save your background, and use that background for your active desktop.

And wallah!!! You now have an active desktop with a background and a templet!! Congradulations!

Jeeeeezzzzz.....

Guess I haven't been here in awhile. Just been busy with work and school. See some really nice desktops. Guess since I didn't post a desktop last month or this month i'll have to post one next month, which is like in a day now. Hope to impress.:p

Originally posted by Herkalees
Wow, if it was possible, acceptable, and a secret, I would take that screenshot to bed.

Very smooth djwhite.

I don't quite think it was that good, but thankyou. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back