February, 2006 Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. What's better? AveDesk or Yahoo! Widget Engine?

AveDesk is a bit harder to setup, but I've personally found the widgets to be better.

YWE has many more different types of widgets though.

Try both :)

Looks like a lot of stupid widgets for YWE.

Well actually it's got one that AveDesk doesn't: PIM Overview. Basically it pulls stuff from your Outlook Calendar and To Do List.

I would love to find an equivalent for it on AveDesk.

Why is AveDesk so difficult to setup?

I couldn't figure out how to install the widgets.

I thought it worked like YWE where I would just have to drop the widgets in a directory and open them up then.

They also weren't associated with AveDesk but once I did that all I had to do was double click on them to get to install automagically.

I would prefer using something like Samurize to Avedesk and Konfabulator - Far more customisable.

Scratch that...

I see you and Andy both use AveDesk. So I'll just bug the two of you to figure it out.

LOL, with the new 1.3 most of the widgets come in .aveinst format and all you have to do is double-click the widget and it gets installed. Easy as 1 2 3.

BTW, Avedesk 1.4 is soon out:)

Andy, what is the weather one that you use? What are the good ones to download? Are there any that work for WMP10?

andy_rose said:
LOL, with the new 1.3 most of the widgets come in .aveinst format and all you have to do is double-click the widget and it gets installed. Easy as 1 2 3.

BTW, Avedesk 1.4 is soon out:)

Yeah it also had to do with the fact that I thought 1.2 was the latest version and I was using 1.3 widgets :p

Also, what's the music widget in this screen?

X-Istence said:
My wallpaper for February. Don't have much on my desktop, Dock is stocked though :p.

X-Istence, did you make that wall, or did you get it somewhere, because that's an awesome technique

I find even on 3200x1200 that widgets take up too much screen space :p

Would anyone care to donate 2 Dell 2405FPW's so I can have an extra 840pixels horizontal resolution? :p

Hehehe... Some people are just picky period... :)

Nice desktops everyone.... :D

How come I'm not finding "Widescape Weather" on that site? I'm not finding any cool widgets on that site. It's unorganized.

Yahoo! Widgets are nice. I'll stick with these for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back